No announcement yet.

GDRV Technical Visit - Soliciting Feedback From Our Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TucsonJim If you are there tomorrow, see if they can do something about the interface box where the whip for lights interface connections are. I spent a few hours in there getting rid of the scotch lock connectors and Wago connectors for ring terminals and a Mictuning box. Still need to put in the wiring retainers and cover.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      TucsonJim If you are there tomorrow, see if they can do something about the interface box where the whip for lights interface connections are. I spent a few hours in there getting rid of the scotch lock connectors and Wago connectors for ring terminals and a Mictuning box. Still need to put in the wiring retainers and cover.
      I was already out of the factory when you posted this. But the moderators and GDRV will be communicating more frequently in the future and I'll add this to the topic list.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim Another late suggestion. https://www.ultimatesecuritydevices....ull_p_985.html to the front compartment on 5ers and those baggage doors with out slam latches. My front and propane doors stick to the seals and are a bit difficult to open.
        Joseph
        Tow
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hi Jim,

I do not know where to post this, so am on this thread.

When we took our three grandchildren on a weekend trip, they rocked back and forth on the recliner and it came loose (ages 6 and 9 were having a good time). I know it is not intended to be a rocking chair and we asked them not to do that again.

However, I discovered that there were only two screws on the front of the frame holding down the two recliners. Grand Design had not used the holes on the rear of the frame to secure the chairs.

I replaced the front screws and used #6 screws on the back holes to hold down the recliners. The recliners now are "grandchildren qualified."

It sure would be easy for Grand Design to use four screws per recliner when they do the install. You might expect they would come loose with only two screws on the front.

Charles
          2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
            Hi all. I'll be flying home tomorrow and I'll report back by the end of the week. GDRV was very thankful for your input. In fact we will be using forum inputs frequently for reporting to the company.
            Jim - maybe I missed it on a different thread but did you share a summary of your visit ?

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Moderators if still monitoring this and visiting on friday (It's Good Friday so you may have already flew the coup).

1 - External disconnect for power say at the Nautilus panel. no breaker pure switch
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Jim - maybe I missed it on a different thread but did you share a summary of your visit ?

Dan
                Hi Dan,

We are just wrapping up, here in Indiana. We have answers to many (most?) of the questions from forum members. It will take us a few days to compare notes and get back to everybody . . . but, we will do this.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Dan,

We are just wrapping up, here in Indiana. We have answers to many (most?) of the questions from forum members. It will take us a few days to compare notes and get back to everybody . . . but, we will do this.

Rob
                  Hmm.....Rob good to hear from you but that post is nearly a year old going back to the previous (last year's) visit. Don't think there ever was any feedback shared on that (last year's visit.)

Hope you all had a good trip with this visit and all is well with our GDRV team friends. You all had a lot to cover.

Dan
                  Dan & Carol

Comment

Moderators, Can someone please ask GD to reconsider placement of the bedroom thermostats? In the 303 the thermostat is not he bathroom wall. Not a bad placement until the AC is on and the vents are opened (back of trailer will become meat locker and bedroom stays cold if using the racetrack) to help try to maintain temp. When the bedroom side vent is opened it blows straight on the wall and thermostat resulting in excessive cycling of the AC unit. Like the unit turns off, waits less than 60 seconds, and is back on.

To help keep the coach at a bearable temperature, I end up putting the rear unit on low fan (continuous fan mode) so the bed room air gets mixed back into the rear of the coach. All this is done with the door open for proper circulation of the air.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

We ran into this with our single AC in our Imagine. Rotating the bedroom ceiling vent toward the front of the trailer helped but there is a large temperature difference between the bedroom at the front and the rear bath. I've also discovered why the kitchen cabinets were so hot where the furnace is located. The small fresh water heating duct that sits in a cutout in the floor by just a couple inches was sitting above the floor.

Jim

Comment

Guest Jim, Luckily the front AC has 2 vents. I open the front one to dump into the room and keep the rear one closed to avoid the excessive cycling.

Not certain about the furnace. Been lucky enough that it was just me in the camper during the cold and between the portable electric heater and the FP I was comfortable. Just takes a little time for the unit to reach temp (she has little to no patience and wants heat yesterday).
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hmmm, the implication from Guest and Jlawles2 is that the actual temperature sensor for the AC is located in the wall mounted thermostat instead of in the AC unit itself. Not questioning what this two are experiencing, or their solution, just noting that there are numerous threads in the forum stating that they temperature sensor is located in the AC itself.
                          John
                          2018 Momentum 395M
                          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                            Hmmm, the implication from Guest and Jlawles2 is that the actual temperature sensor for the AC is located in the wall mounted thermostat instead of in the AC unit itself. Not questioning what this two are experiencing, or their solution, just noting that there are numerous threads in the forum stating that they temperature sensor is located in the AC itself.
                            I think they are referencing the Coleman unit in their comments about the front AC. It DOES have the temperature sensor in the wall unit, the Furrion unit is the only one that it is not located in the wall unit.
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I have a Dometic which works fine. Just offering some information on my experience that the wall mounted thermostat (with temp sensor) is sensitive to where the bedroom ceiling duct is pointed. I ran into the same over cycling that Joseph described.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Dan,

Rob
                                Hey Rob, ran across this thread looking at other threads on decals replacement. Yup, only the two upper front cap maroonish colored ones are starting to have cracks....no peeling on edges on our 303.

Back to this thread, possibly you got back to folks here and I missed it or maybe in another thread. I do not recall seeing any summary of the visit and items covered with GDRV.

Thanks, Rob

Dan
                                Dan & Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X