Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty registration

Hello
    Do I need to do anything to register my warranty with grand design just bought a brand new 310 GK And in the manual it says that I must register my warranty when I thought that the dealer did that.
    Paul, Judy and Embr
    2021 310 gk
    2019 Ram Mega cab dually diesel

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post
    Hello
    Do I need to do anything to register my warranty with grand design just bought a brand new 310 GK And in the manual it says that I must register my warranty when I thought that the dealer did that.
    GDRV-Megan -- will you answer this question, please?

Also, can you advise regarding all the OEM-warranted items? Does the owner need to register each item or can they show proof-of-purchase (the trailer purchase) at a later date to prove the component is under warranty if there's an issue? I thinking along the lines of the microwave, stove, refrigerator, water heater, etc.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My dealer registered mine at purchase. I received confirmation from GD in a couple weeks.
      2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
      2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Check with your dealer and make sure they have done it already. My dealer did all of ours at the time of sale.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I don’t usually register anything. That just seems to put you on the mailing lists to get all of their junk, and many companies also sell your name and address, then you get that much more...

I’ve had warranty issues with my Dometic fridge and water heater. I just called them up, they asked when I purchased, then sent the parts that I needed. One was a control board for the water heater and the other was a thermistor for the fridge. No questions, no problems.
          Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
          Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
          2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
          Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
          Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Paul and judy View Post
            Hello
            Your dealer is to register your unit and your appliances for you.

Comment

Megan,
              How about us used owners?
              Mike
              2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
                How about us used owners?
                Look in the owner's manual for your unit, there's a list of the warranties and if they transfer. (Most do not, unfortunately.) However, a phone call to the respective component OEM (as listed in the owners manual) is always a good idea if you have an issue. Some OEMs are very generous with "good will" warranty part replacements, though none that I'm aware of cover installation.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have just recently just purchased a 2017 GD momentum. It has a recall for the fridge wires i called GD and they said i have to register it to be able to take it in to GD dealer. How do I register the unit?
                  Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory couch View Post
                    I have just recently just purchased a 2017 GD momentum. It has a recall for the fridge wires i called GD and they said i have to register it to be able to take it in to GD dealer. How do I register the unit?
                    Thank You!
                    Here is a link to the information you are looking for, Informing GD of a Change of Address or New Owner of a Used Unit - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com).

Hope that helps you out.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                    X