This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Forum

I'm having a problem with the forum lately. It started maybe a week or so ago.

The way I use the forum is that when I log in I immediately use the New Post (sorry I can't remember exactly how it was/is titled but I thought it was something like New Tech Topics? I could be wrong on that) tab and I saw every Topic that has either been started or a post made to it since my last visit.

Lately when I use that tab (which I see the tab title as New Tech Forum "Posts")I get every single post, by poster, to a Topic. This format is just like the results of a search.

I am hoping this is a problem in my personal settings, although I never made any changes, and not some forum change.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Originally posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post

The way I use the forum is that when I log in I immediately use the New Post (sorry I can't remember exactly how it was/is titled but I thought it was something like New Tech Topics? I could be wrong on that) tab and I saw every Topic that has either been started or a post made to it since my last visit.

Lately when I use that tab (which I see the tab title as New Tech Forum "Posts")I get every single post, by poster, to a Topic. This format is just like the results of a search.

I am hoping this is a problem in my personal settings, although I never made any changes, and not some forum change.

Thanks
    Paul--while trying to "fix" something else I inadvertently deleted a bunch of links. GDRV-Tom is trying to get it back the way it was. I won't bore you with the whole story--just know I had no idea what I did was going to be this result. vbulletin5 (the program this forum uses) is *not* admin or user friendly--period.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Test using Fran's login....test, test, test.

Comment

Thanks
        Paul--does the New Tech Posts (Test 1) result in what you were used to seeing? -Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Paul must have gone offline--if anyone else is here please give the test link a look--is it working as you expect?

Comment

Test 1 still works incorrectly and test 2 comes back blank?
            Paul and Deb Cervone
            2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Test 1 still works incorrectly and test 2 comes back blank?
              What, exactly, is incorrect in test 1? test 2 I haven't figured out (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

What, exactly, is incorrect in test 1? test 2 I haven't figured out (yet).
                Okay, let's see if I can explain.

New Tech Posts (Test 1) returns the same results as New Tech Forum Posts does which is described in my initial post. The results are presented like a search with individual posts by poster. So your Test 1 made no change to my original problem.

Today's Post (Test 2) comes back like this: Search Result

There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Paul and Deb Cervone
                2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

BTW, New GDRV4Life Posts has the same problem. It returns results of a search.
                  Paul and Deb Cervone
                  2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                  2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Okay, let's see if I can explain.

New Tech Posts (Test 1) returns the same results as New Tech Forum Posts does which is described in my initial post. The results are presented like a search with individual posts by poster. So your Test 1 made no change to my original problem.

Today's Post (Test 2) comes back like this: Search Result

There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    ???

For the new tech posts...this always was and still is the results of a search. By definition they are a search (a subset) of existing posts. I can't change the fact that the results are a search or that they are shown in only two views.

If YOU'RE frustrated imagine sitting in my seat with the equivalent of crayons (when I need a word processor), limited access (I'm outside the server), no training (just using my experience with other software packages)...yeah, I'm not happy either.

Comment

Sorry Howard. All I know is that it doesn't work the way it used to and it's not user friendly.

And why are you dealing with this anyway? Isn't there someone who designed or set this forum up that should deal with these issues?

Anyway, back to work on my car and forget the forum for awhile.

Good luck
                      Paul and Deb Cervone
                      2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                      2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Sorry Howard. All I know is that it doesn't work the way it used to and it's not user friendly.

And why are you dealing with this anyway? Isn't there someone who designed or set this forum up that should deal with these issues?

Anyway, back to work on my car and forget the forum for awhile.

Good luck
                        So Test1 is now set to "Topic" view. The posts that show up in this list are new since your last login. Is this any better?

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

So Test1 is now set to "Topic" view. The posts that show up in this list are new since your last login. Is this any better?
                          Perfect for me! That's the way it used to be.
                          Paul and Deb Cervone
                          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

OK. Now I need to figure out how to get just Today's Posts listed and I want a list of Unread Posts, too.

Comment

I guess I spoke to soon :( It used to be set so that after you read a post it no longer showed up but now they remain just aren't highlighted if that makes sense.
                              Paul and Deb Cervone
                              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Working...
                              X