This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
    Wasn't there a thread devoted to Site Feedback? Can't find it so I'm using this one.

howson chuckled the other day about the cursing filter of the forum software inserting asterisks in a word that obviously wasn't a curse. I just got another one. The word "cur**ide" was asterisk-altered (probably will be again here!!) so I had to edit the message I had posted and change it to two words, "curb side".
    Awesome. GDRV-Tom -- FYI that the filter thinks curb side (together as one word) is naughty and also web site. Check it out: curbside and website.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      I have no connection with the channel other than as a viewer and su**criber.
      Please try to avoid foul language here... despite the asterisks we know what you mean and it makes some of us uncomfortable.

Should we continue to report these nonsensical interferences or just expect that they will stop when somebody takes the time to tune the wacky "filter". Never seen this, ever, on any other forum I've used.

If somebody needs a list of curse words to properly set up the filter I've got a pretty good vocabulary of them, often heard while struggling in the basement of our trailer so they'll have a direct connection to the forum.
      Last edited by boyscout; 12-08-2019, 12:16 PM.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Please try to avoid foul language here... despite the asterisks we know what you mean and it makes some of us uncomfortable.

Should we continue to report these nonsensical interferences or just expect that they will stop when somebody takes the time to tune the wacky "filter". Never seen this, ever, on any other forum I've used.

If somebody needs a list of curse words to properly set up the filter I've got a pretty good vocabulary of them, often heard while struggling in the basement of our trailer so they'll have a direct connection to the forum.
        My vocabulary list comes from spending way too many hours around USAF maintainers. I'm not suggesting the USAF can keep up with their Navy counterparts (THE gold standard cussers) but we did our best to imitate! Every project on the camper is usually accompanied by one or two not-heard-in-church verbal sessions.

A moderator is working with the site Administrator on the problem--I'm sure this will get fixed soon. In the meantime don't mention a website or anything about being a subscriber for pete's sake!

...still laughing...
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Wow - According to the Scrabble on line dictionary, there are nearly 5000 words with the intials "B" and "S" side by side! We'll get the filter tuned up this week.

JIm
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I just changed some User Settings for my profile. On the page containing my email address, after making a small change to something else there and clicking Save, I got an error saying that the email addresses must match. I had not changed the email address. On looking at it I found that my email address was correctly displayed above the email fields, but the first email field contained my username and the second email field was blank.

I entered my email address into the two fields and the page then saved it... no error this time. Maybe if I'd just deleted my username it would have saved. However, when I looked at the fields after saving the page the first one again contained my username and the second was again blank.

It seems that maybe when that page is entered / refreshed it puts the username in that field instead of leaving it blank.

SUGGESTION: Could this thread, or another obviously-named thread for reporting problems with the forum, be made into a sticky thread?
            Last edited by boyscout; 03-16-2020, 09:11 AM.
            Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

boyscout

Mark I have complied with your request for stickiness, good idea by the way.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Most of the issues in this thread are resolved, so closing for further comment. Feel free to start a new thread if you run into issues.

-Moderator Howard

Comment

Working...
                X