Feedback from the Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat

Try using the "remember me" box when you log in. This has helped me when I am searching other sites while waiting on something exciting to happen.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

• Gyrogearloose
      Gyrogearloose commented
      Editing a comment
      Brian, I do have remember me, so that is what saves me. Note: I was just doing a comment (I like comment) on a post and it took me awhile because of some technical research. My login timed out and I wasn't able to post the comment. Lost the text when getting logged back in. Luckily I had copied my text before trying to post.

I still think the timeout is to short....

Pat

Pat

Another thing I have noticed if I leave a post I am making and come back to it there is a message that my content was saved. Even while writing a post there is a "auto save" that pops up while typing.
    Have you seen this? If not then this should be another issue that needs correcting.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Pat

Even while writing a post there is a "auto save" that pops up while typing.
      Have you seen this? If not then this should be another issue that needs correcting.

Brian
      Thanks Brian,

Yes have been doing that for a long time ('saving' grace so to speak). That option is not available for "Comments". Main reason commenting on this stuff is because it a technical forum that typically requires a lot of thought etc while posting. Maybe I'm just slow

Not trying to complain, just my opinion...
      Pat & Marlene
      * Dodge 5.9 2500 2006 4x4 4.1 Diff Crew Shortbed
      * Reflection 303RLS 2015 Westlake/225/75/R15/E Tekonsha P3

Comment

Just found another issue - aren't startups fun?!

I accessed the forum with Chrome, which doesn't have a stored cookie for it as does my usual Firefox. The site therefore asked me to sign up or log in. When I clicked that link, several times over about a minute, I got the message "gdrvowners refused to connect". Switched to Firefox to send this post, no problem.
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
          Just found another issue - aren't startups fun?!

I accessed the forum with Chrome, which doesn't have a stored cookie for it as does my usual Firefox. The site therefore asked me to sign up or log in. When I clicked that link, several times over about a minute, I got the message "gdrvowners refused to connect". Switched to Firefox to send this post, no problem.
          That's odd--I use Chrome and it works fine. I do have to login each time--but I prefer to do that each time.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I noticed yesterday on my Samsung phone using chrome that the log in was fine , the log out was not. I could not get the drop down menu. Went to my profile then I could get the drop down menu to log out.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Couple more observations:

1. The newest posts during this visit were not inside any of the sub-categories we've discussed in another thread. The thread by howson about inverter overloading, and the thread by SARG950 did not appear as new posts under Operation, Maintenance, etc., they appeared alone and outside (beneath) those categories. (Also, BTW, the last time I visited *all* of the threads were indicated in dark blue as having new posts but almost none actually had new posts. These indicators are frequently wonky.)

2. I don't see any way on the home page to manage my profile here. Must have been there at one time because I created a signature, but if there's a link there now I've lost my marbles.
              Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Couple more observations:

1. The newest posts during this visit were not inside any of the sub-categories we've discussed in another thread. The thread by howson about inverter overloading, and the thread by SARG950 did not appear as new posts under Operation, Maintenance, etc., they appeared alone and outside (beneath) those categories. (Also, BTW, the last time I visited *all* of the threads were indicated in dark blue as having new posts but almost none actually had new posts. These indicators are frequently wonky.)

2. I don't see any way on the home page to manage my profile here. Must have been there at one time because I created a signature, but if there's a link there now I've lost my marbles.
                Regarding your profile. At the top of the page, click on your name, then click on User Settings. This will give you access to several tabs where you can make adjustments.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

C The thread by howson about inverter overloading...did not appear as new posts under Operation, Maintenance, etc., they appeared alone and outside (beneath) those categories.
                  It's under MODIFICATIONS--I *think* that's the logical place for it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	inverter modifications.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1968
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

howson , I moved your thread this morning after reading boyscout post on where it was. I will find the other one and fix it as well. I do not recall if you originally posted in in the modification section or not but it was in the "general" section and not in the modification section.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                      Regarding your profile. At the top of the page, click on your name, then click on User Settings. This will give you access to several tabs where you can make adjustments.Jim
                      Thanks Jim, I see it now, but when I posted the observation that whole section where it says Notifications, Messages, [user name] was not appearing. The section in which the site logo appears was tight to the top of the page. I was on a different computer - the one I use most often when coming here - and probably using Firefox latest version.

I'll let you know if it's the same when I get back to that computer in a couple of days.

Comment

I know some work was being done today, and it may have been done during that time frame.
                        Jim and Ginnie
                        2024 Solitude 310GK
                        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I'm subscribed to messages I post automatically, and have my user settings configured so I get an email when someone quotes me or replies. Someone did both to a post I made in appliances and although it shows that I'm subscribed, I didn't receive an email. Check my spam folder - not there.

Comment

Originally posted by FatTire View Post
                            I'm subscribed to messages I post automatically, and have my user settings configured so I get an email when someone quotes me or replies. Someone did both to a post I made in appliances and although it shows that I'm subscribed, I didn't receive an email. Check my spam folder - not there.
                            GDRV-Tom -- any idea what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by FatTire View Post
                              Check your settings to see if you have the correct box checked for receiving emails, there are options for daily , weekly , etc.

Brian
                              Brian & Michelle
                              2018 Reflection 29RS
                              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                              X