Feedback from the Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Check your settings to see if you have the correct box checked for receiving emails, there are options for daily , weekly , etc.

Brian
    OK - had that set to weekly, but I thought that box was for receiving a digest of posts like I currently get from the other forum. Set it to on, and saw the text underneath, so all should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by FatTire View Post

OK - had that set to weekly, but I thought that box was for receiving a digest of posts like I currently get from the other forum. Set it to on, and saw the text underneath, so all should be good.
      There are plenty of differences with this version that will take a while to get used to, but this does seem fairly easy the more I use it.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Sorry to be a pest, but once again I've found using Chrome that the site doesn't think I'm logged in and when I click on the link to log in the site responds "gdrvowners.com refused to connect". Fortunately I guess I've told Firefox to keep me logged in, so I've used Firefox to return to the site and post this message.
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
          Sorry to be a pest, but once again I've found using Chrome that the site doesn't think I'm logged in and when I click on the link to log in the site responds "gdrvowners.com refused to connect". Fortunately I guess I've told Firefox to keep me logged in, so I've used Firefox to return to the site and post this message.
          Interesting. I'm using Chrome also, and it let's me log in and stay logged in.

I wonder if you clear your cookies and history if it would help?

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
            Interesting. I'm using Chrome also, and it let's me log in and stay logged in. I wonder if you clear your cookies and history if it would help? Jim
            Nope. I just cleared everything for "all time" - logins, cookies, site data, the works under "Advanced" - and the site still refuses to connect.
            Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

• howson
              howson commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have another device that you can use to log in with Chrome?

Jim - does it work using Ginnie's account ?.......I'm wondering if this is one of those items where it works for you Moderators/GDRV team but not the regular members !

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

• howson
              howson commented
              Editing a comment
              I use Chrome, too. But of course I'm a moderator so not much help here. I'll have my DW log on using her computer.

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
            Jim - does it work using Ginnie's account ?.......I'm wondering if this is one of those items where it works for you Moderators/GDRV team but not the regular members !

Dan
            Dan,

We'll be back at the RV tonight and I'll give it a shot on her laptop.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

howson I can't easily reply to a comment.

In answer to your comment do I have another device, yes, I just tried my PC notebook with Chrome. The site "recognized" me so I logged out and exited, then restarted Chrome and logged in normally, no problem. So something in the settings of Chrome on my PC desktop is causing this? Not having trouble with other sites. Thanks to y'all for thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
                howson I can't easily reply to a comment.

In answer to your comment do I have another device, yes, I just tried my PC notebook with Chrome. The site "recognized" me so I logged out and exited, then restarted Chrome and logged in normally, no problem. So something in the settings of Chrome on my PC desktop is causing this? Not having trouble with other sites. Thanks to y'all for thinking about it.
                Mark--do you have any extensions added to Chrome on your PC desktop? (For example, I have "Ghostery", "AdBlock" and "LastPass" added to Chrome. You can check by clicking on the three dots at the upper right corner of the browser, then click on More Tools and then Extensions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Extensions.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	2442
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                  I am Francine, Howard's other half. Howard asked me to post using chrome as a test since I am just a member not a moderator.

Comment

boyscout --I think your issue with Chrome is something in your Desktop PC. Fran uses a completely separate computer and had no issues whatsoever. (We're both using Windows 7 64-bit and we're using Chrome version 75.0.3770.142.
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Mark--do you have any extensions added to Chrome on your PC desktop? (For example, I have "Ghostery", "AdBlock" and "LastPass" added to Chrome. You can check by clicking on the three dots at the upper right corner of the browser, then click on More Tools and then Extensions.
                      Howard, thanks for continuing to think about this. The extensions I have are all (I guess) default Google apps that I didn't install, Docs, Slides, and Sheets and Docs Offline.

Curiouser and curiouser, because as I went to reply to this post a moment ago I saw no "Quote, Comment" etc. buttons and realized I wasn't logged in so I logged in. Yeah, USING CHROME! No problem at all, didn't get the "refused to connect" error.

The ONLY thing changed on my system since I complained about this problem that I've seen several times is that my system installed the Windows 10 2019 update this morning. It had been running on the ALWAYS-AUTOMATICALLY-UPDATED April 2018 Win10 version, but Microsoft decided this morning to install the more-major update. There are many - millions - of people still using the April 2018 Win10 version, very possibly including you and Francine, so I'd be surprised if this is the reason I've had trouble that I've seen but it's the only thing that has changed.

UPDATE: Just tried to log in with Chrome, got the "refused to connect" error again.

Computers were designed to save us time and trouble.

Thanks again.
                      Last edited by boyscout; 08-01-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Is there someplace here to see discussion and chatter about the Grand Design National Rally?

Comment

Resident whiner here. The new sub-group icons featuring the design compass from Grand Design’s logo look good. However simply a turning the compass red when there is new content in the sub-group isn’t prominent enough to make it obvious. On an iPad or iPhone it takes some squinting to see where new content is highlighted. A full color reversal would be much more readily-noticed.

Comment

boyscout Good observation. Just changed it per your suggestion. Let me know if it passes the squint test.

Comment

Working...
                            X