X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unapproved Posts (Patience, please!)

Forum Members,
    The spam filter on the forum is inadvertently flagging some of your posts (that are perfectly fine by what the moderators can see). The site Administrators have asked the moderators to stop approving these posts so the admins can see the unapproved posts in the system in the unapproved state.

What that means is if your post is flagged as unapproved it may linger for a day or two until the Admins investigate. A moderator (if we see it) will send you a PM letting you know that we know--but that we must wait for Admin investigation before approving.

In the long run this will help our Admins "tweak" the spam filter. Your patience is appreciated!

-Moderator Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Yoda , Guest

There seems to be a pattern with the unapproved posts. The most recent from Jim , Guest is unapproved and also was edited by Jim shortly after posting , we have seen this with Yoda as well.
    Our question is, Was the original post unapproved? If unapproved is this why you edited it? Did editing the post cause it to be unapproved?

If the post was approved first and then you edited it , What did you change?

Thanks
    Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian,

My original post had gone through. Its when I made an edit to include the Calmark Co. web page is where it moved to all green and there was some verbiage about my message being spam. I can re-write the message and re-post.

Just made an edit here so lets see how this works.

Another edit with Calmarks web site.

https://calmarkcovers.com/

Hope this helps.

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Ok Brian,

I hope this helps. I made three edits to my message and on the forth when I included a web page, it blew up and is flagging as spam.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Yoda , Guest

There seems to be a pattern with the unapproved posts. The most recent from Jim , Guest is unapproved and also was edited by Jim shortly after posting , we have seen this with Yoda as well.
          Our question is, Was the original post unapproved? If unapproved is this why you edited it? Did editing the post cause it to be unapproved?

If the post was approved first and then you edited it , What did you change?

Thanks
          Brian
          Brian I think I did several edits for spelling and I believe just as Jim hit the magic number 3 and the spam notice came up.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Very interesting. GDRV-Tom , does this give you any info to help with this matter?

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

New one for me.

I inserted the words "length of" in the following sentence:"I think you've summed it up perfectly in terms of use and length of term vs cost."

-jeff
              2017 310GK

Comment

GDRV-Tom , Country Campers , howson , Cate&Rob , TucsonJim and any other moderators I've missed.

Can I make a pitch again for relaxing the way the forum blocks edited posts to be approved by moderators?

I've been on the internet since there WAS and internet and participated in all kinds of bulletin boards and forums. I've NEVER participated in one that so frequently flags "problems" as this one does.

I do frequently edit posts and it's most often the editing that seems to trigger the blocking response. I'm sorry, I just do, I reconsider what I've said, I see a way to improve clarity, I need to fix a mistake, lots of reasons. ALL OF THEM HARMLESS! Nothing I've ever participated in has considered this to be such threatening behavior that it must block and moderate edited messages.

One of the forums I participate in most (not RV related) allows editing for FIVE MINUTES before it even flags the post as edited. It NEVER blocks posts for moderation because they've been edited. The "other forum" about GD trailes allows a minute or two before noting that the post is edited, and AFAIK does not block posts just because they've been edited.

This morning I've taken the time to post per a request by Megan, and it's been sitting there blocked just because I edited it.

Wouldn't it be a WHOLE lot easier and less work to delete the rare messages that contain commercial spam or something else bad than it is to handle many more harmless blocked messages?
                Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
                  GDRV-Tom , Country Campers , howson , Cate&Rob , TucsonJim and any other moderators I've missed.

Can I make a pitch again for relaxing the way the forum blocks edited posts to be approved by moderators?

I've been on the internet since there WAS and internet and participated in all kinds of bulletin boards and forums. I've NEVER participated in one that so frequently flags "problems" as this one does.

I do frequently edit posts and it's most often the editing that seems to trigger the blocking response. I'm sorry, I just do, I reconsider what I've said, I see a way to improve clarity, I need to fix a mistake, lots of reasons. ALL OF THEM HARMLESS! Nothing I've ever participated in has considered this to be such threatening behavior that it must block and moderate edited messages.

One of the forums I participate in most (not RV related) allows editing for FIVE MINUTES before it even flags the post as edited. It NEVER blocks posts for moderation because they've been edited. The "other forum" about GD trailes allows a minute or two before noting that the post is edited, and AFAIK does not block posts just because they've been edited.

This morning I've taken the time to post per a request by Megan, and it's been sitting there blocked just because I edited it.

Wouldn't it be a WHOLE lot easier and less work to delete the rare messages that contain commercial spam or something else bad than it is to handle many more harmless blocked messages?
                  Not certain if what Mark is sharing was impacting the speed/functionality of the forum this AM but it was just crawling for me all AM. Heck it could not even load the pictures from Howard's air compressor challenges. Now in the last five minutes, they loaded just fine and I can move around the forum quickly as usual.

Hmmm ?

Dan
                  Dan & Carol
                  2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                  2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Mark,
                    You'll get no argument from the moderators. There is a limit, however, to what we are allowed to access and mess with "behind the curtain". We rely on GD administrators to tackle these kind of problems.

GDRV-Megan -- I don't want to "call out" the admins in this thread, so will you please make them aware of the last several posts? This is not a new issue.

TIA!

-Howard
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Mark,
                      You'll get no argument from the moderators. There is a limit, however, to what we are allowed to access and mess with "behind the curtain". We rely on GD administrators to tackle these kind of problems.

GDRV-Megan -- I don't want to "call out" the admins in this thread, so will you please make them aware of the last several posts? This is not a new issue.

TIA!

-Howard
                      Should I be concerned that the past few posts I've made are marked as "unapproved" and they weren't edited. They did have imbedded links though.
                      Norm & Karla
                      2019 Imagine 2150rb
                      2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
                      2016 - 2018 Hobie Kayaks

Comment

Originally posted by Oregon Fun-Guy View Post

Should I be concerned that the past few posts I've made are marked as "unapproved" and they weren't edited. They did have imbedded links though.
                        I think I just answered my own question. This last post was not "unapproved". It also did not included any links.
                        Norm & Karla
                        2019 Imagine 2150rb
                        2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
                        2016 - 2018 Hobie Kayaks

Comment

Originally posted by Oregon Fun-Guy View Post

I think I just answered my own question. This last post was not "unapproved". It also did not included any links.
                          I agree it's a nuisance, Norm, and wish there was something I could do about it. In the meantime, if I (or the other moderators) miss an unapproved post please send us a PM and we'll take care of it pronto.

For those who don't know, here are your Technical Forum Moderators (listed short to tall...lol):
                          TucsonJim
                          Cate&Rob

howson
                          Country Campers

-Howard

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Mark,

TIA!

-Howard
                            I have forwarded this. I reply here if/when I get a reply.

Comment

According to Tom, he has made some changes to the website. Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues with this. Thanks!

howson

Comment

Working...
                              X