Moderator Absence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator Absence

I'll be out of internet coverage from 10/31 - 11/16. And Howard howson is still limited on his availability for a while longer. If you need moderator assistance, drop a line to Brian Country Campers, or Rob Cate&Rob .

I'll be boondocking in a very remote area while chasing mule deer. This will be my longest continuous boondocking adventure yet. But if I am successful early in the hunt, I'll be returning to civilization earlier.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Good luck with the deer!
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

TucsonJim Jim, shame on you for not inviting the rest of us. Good luck, hopefully the harvest goes well. Share pics.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        TucsonJim Jim, shame on you for not inviting the rest of us. Good luck, hopefully the harvest goes well. Share pics.
        Shucks, you're all invited. I'll be camped in &7<,,

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Shucks, you're all invited. I'll be camped in &7<,,

Jim
          LOL! Good luck Jim, Rudy is chasing pheasants this weekend, and white-tails next week. If you're both successful, might need to do a wild game feed in Quartzsite!
          Andi
          Brookings SD
          2018 Reflection 337RLS
          2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by Andi View Post

LOL! Good luck Jim, Rudy is chasing pheasants this weekend, and white-tails next week. If you're both successful, might need to do a wild game feed in Quartzsite!
            I already have a freezer full of elk that I harvested last month during archery season.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	69046

Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Good luck on the hunt, Jim. Nice looking 6 x 6.
              Bill & Cindy
              2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
              2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
              SE Texas

Comment

As Bill shared, nice looking 6 X 6 ! Bet that was exciting. Ginnie will like that mount hanging in the kitchen !

Have fun on the Muley hunt.

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  TucsonJim I agree with Joseph You should have called me. How close to me will you be? I just cant make out your location. If your in CO thanks for your donation to our wildlife fund. Be very safe - lots of Texans hunting here right now
                  Keith
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

TucsonJim I agree with Joseph You should have called me. How close to me will you be? I just cant make out your location. If your in CO thanks for your donation to our wildlife fund. Be very safe - lots of Texans hunting here right now
                    Keith
                    I'll actually be in an area they call the Arizona Strip. It's north of the Grand Canyon, and south of the Utah border. It's extremely remote country and I've been trying to draw a tag for 13 years. This will be a great chance to try out all the boondocking tips and techniques I've been sharing. It is primarily juniper country, so I shouldn't have any shade on the solar panels. I'll have the RV full of water and I'm carrying an extra 50 gallon tank.

Jim
                    Jim and Ginnie
                    2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

TucsonJim Jim, I know a couple of people who did draw tags in New Mexico, Carlsbad area is where they were hunting. Couple of years no harvest. Nice thing there is you can group draw. Everyone in the group gets a number, if one of the group gets drawn all get tags. I think a group can be up to 4. Its back country hunting, boon docking basically on the side of the park roads. GF's BIL took a camper (it got extremely cold when they were there and everyone ended up with him) others were originally staying in a tent.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Well, I'm back early from my mule deer hunt. I'll start catching up on forum activities tomorrow. I had quite a few RV problems that I had to overcome on the trip. Details to follow. BTW, I harvested an awesome mule deer. PM for photos.

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie
                        2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                          Well, I'm back early from my mule deer hunt. I'll start catching up on forum activities tomorrow. I had quite a few RV problems that I had to overcome on the trip. Details to follow. BTW, I harvested an awesome mule deer. PM for photos.

Jim
                          Congratulations Jim! Sorry for the RV issues but I hope the mule deer experience provided a positive offset.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X