Can multiple posts be deleted at one time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can multiple posts be deleted at one time

Admin - is there any way to highlight multiple posts under Unread Tech for the purpose of deleting them with one action instead of having to open each one individually to remove them from the unread tech list? I use this list for checking items of interest to me and can see as the forum grows it could become very tedious having to open and close each one to get them off my unread list.

Phyllis
    Dennis & Phyllis Manley
    2018 Reflection 27RL; 2008 Silverado 2500HD 4X4

Originally posted by Dennis&Phyllis View Post
    Admin - is there any way to highlight multiple posts under Unread Tech for the purpose of deleting them with one action instead of having to open each one individually to remove them from the unread tech list? I use this list for checking items of interest to me and can see as the forum grows it could become very tedious having to open and close each one to get them off my unread list.

Phyllis
    At the bottom of the Tech home page there is a "Mark Channels Read" , click that and it will clear your list.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis&Phyllis View Post

Phyllis
      Hi Phyllis--thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on the site's usability.

The workaround Brian documented is currently the only way to mark posts read without opening them. That means going down the list and reading the posts that are of interest, then going to the home screen of the Technical Forum, scrolling down to the bottom and then clicking on "Mark Forums Read". Lousy interface, to be blunt. Unfortunately the software that runs this forum (vBulletin5) does not offer an easy way for the moderators (we have limited rights to change things here) to add additional capability. I assure you that we have requested that the administrators (GD employees that are super-computer smart) incorporate this additional capability.

Your question also highlighted a capability the forum doesn't have (or at least I couldn't immediately find it)--marking a post unread (after being read) so it stays on your unread list.

We will have what you're asking for (eventually)--I thank you in advance for your patience.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Hi Phyllis--thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on the site's usability.

The workaround Brian documented is currently the only way to mark posts read without opening them. That means going down the list and reading the posts that are of interest, then going to the home screen of the Technical Forum, scrolling down to the bottom and then clicking on "Mark Forums Read". Lousy interface, to be blunt. Unfortunately the software that runs this forum (vBulletin5) does not offer an easy way for the moderators (we have limited rights to change things here) to add additional capability. I assure you that we have requested that the administrators (GD employees that are super-computer smart) incorporate this additional capability.

Your question also highlighted a capability the forum doesn't have (or at least I couldn't immediately find it)--marking a post unread (after being read) so it stays on your unread list.

We will have what you're asking for (eventually)--I thank you in advance for your patience.
        Thank you both for your suggestion! I understand the difficulties you're facing with the software. The link you suggested will work for now.
        Phyllis
        Dennis & Phyllis Manley
        2018 Reflection 27RL; 2008 Silverado 2500HD 4X4

Comment

Working...
        X