No announcement yet.

Soliciting Forum Member Input for GDRV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about some kind of bright sticker we could add to id our units as participants of this forum? There are lots of GD units on the road. Every time I see one going the other way I wonder if its someone I've seen on here. Maybe something that could be applied at the pinbox or trailer A frame. Was thinking something in the shape of GD's compass logo. Just a thought--it would be like a secret handshake, lol.
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by DarnDave View Post
      What about some kind of bright sticker we could add to id our units as participants of this forum? There are lots of GD units on the road. Every time I see one going the other way I wonder if its someone I've seen on here. Maybe something that could be applied at the pinbox or trailer A frame. Was thinking something in the shape of GD's compass logo. Just a thought--it would be like a secret handshake, lol.
      I like it!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

When I had a Titanium fifth wheel I belonged (still do actually) to the Titanium Owners group. A registry was kept and anybody who wanted could apply for a number. The number was supposed to be applied to the top left of the rear end and to the top left of the driver's side wall near the nose.
        Then there was a thread called Titanium sightings where people, if they wished, could post something like "I saw unit 532 on I35 last Tuesday"...I was 532.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by DarnDave View Post
          In the early days of GDRV, a number of folks shared the same thoughts on the original forum. At least 2 or 3 different stickers were designed and many folks put these on their GDRVs. They looked pretty nice and were well done using various software links on the internet. Suppose someone could design one today as well and share for folks wishing to do so.

As early owners/members as well,Rob Cate&Rob and Jim TucsonJim may recall these stickers being shared or maybe even have/had one.

Dan
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

TucsonJim Jim,

Another suggestion if the moderators feel its of value is a label placed next to the battery switch to list how it is configured. Information on battery/switch configuration and suggestions in disconnecting the battery for storage and position of the switch for converter charging.

Jim

Comment

How about better more consistent labels? The ladder on the 303 says 250 lb max, where there is a label on the back wall that says 300 lb limit. I go by the sticker on the ladder.

There is not a load label on the receiver hitch either (this is an important one).

And some type of true lock or move the hitch controller off the outside of the front wall. I can see some kid getting the bright idea and doing a retract all.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

If not too late (March 31st has come and gone). I sort of received this same info from GD when I asked them about the Furrion HWH about cold weather use - I’d like to see GD elaborate on what they really mean in the owner’s manual, Reflection 5th wheel, page 45 concerning Cold Weather Use ~ your RV is not designed for use during sub-freezing weather. What does Arctic package mean to Grand Design? Should GD elaborate more on how to prepare for sub-freezing temps, pointing folks to the correct pages on what to turn on and off? If I use tank heater, turn on furnace, turn off water from CG supply, etc., why does GD not want me to use in freezing temps (I hate the word sub-freezing )? I live in Colorado, it can get to freezing almost any month.
                thanks, Heinz
                Elke and Heinz
                2018 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax SB
                2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Don't forget a warning label on the cross over tube that caries the propane line on 5th wheels. So some folks don't put screws into it......who shall remain nameless
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

OK, so sitting outside and this one still irks me. The crappy springs that are suppose to keep the umbilical lies for the slides up out of the way when closed. Mine are rusting and do not keep the lines up out of the way. Would be nice if they could run the lines in the in frame slide tubes.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

hduring , Yoda Jlawles2 - You last minute additions have been captured and will be discussed.

All participants, thanks for your inputs. We have a very extensive list to submit to GDRV next week. We'll report on the outcome.

​​​​​​​Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK
                      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas