Momentum 351M Generator Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 351M Generator Problems

HELP!! I have a 2020 Momentum 351M. I am wondering why, when i plug the camper into any other generator that is not the onboard one, such as a Predator 3500 it will not power anything on in my camper? It won't even charge the batteries. Is there something that i am missing? Is there a reason that my unit is not acknowledging any other generator as a power source?

Do you have a built-in EMS?
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I believe we do. The system will run off of the main onboard generator (Onan 5500) but will not on any other unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Afletcher4 View Post
        I believe we do. The system will run off of the main onboard generator (Onan 5500) but will not on any other unit.
        Based on what John asked and your response, check out this thread for the probable cause (and solution): https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...on-a-generator

And welcome to the forum! Check out the Welcome Letter when you get a chance: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Possibly Curtis OffToHavasu will chime in with any other thoughts as he owns a 351 as well. He also has a deep electrical background as his career.

Thanks, in advance Curtis !

Dan
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I'm leaning towards howson suggestion of the EMS. If the neutral and ground aren't bonded, the EMS will see a failure and block incoming power.
            Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
            2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
            2020 Momentum 351M
            2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

The suggestion of the "jumper wire" for the plug in worked great! Thank you so much howson !

Comment

Just walked through that issue with my 351MS. Mine has a Progressive Industries HW50C with remote readout. The remote also has a bypass switch. That switch will enable you to use an alternate generator that would typically not have a bonded neutral. Progressive Industries does NOT offer the plug solution anymore for some reason. So, bottom line, bypass the EMS for power to the RV. Since portable generators have their own clean power protection, an EMS is not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Crocodile View Post
                  Just walked through that issue with my 351MS. Mine has a Progressive Industries HW50C with remote readout. The remote also has a bypass switch. That switch will enable you to use an alternate generator that would typically not have a bonded neutral. Progressive Industries does NOT offer the plug solution anymore for some reason. So, bottom line, bypass the EMS for power to the RV. Since portable generators have their own clean power protection, an EMS is not necessary.
                  The problem there is you have to be positive that a "feed back" issue where when you are completely isolated from the grid as not being isolated can cause injury to anyone in contact with the line back stream.
                  Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                  Nash County, NC
                  2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                  X