Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 tank flush connections and 1 black tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tank flush connections and 1 black tank?

We have a brand new 2022 solitude 373FB. We only have one black and one gray tank. In the nautilus system there is a black tank flush connection, but there is what appears to be another flush connection on same side of trailer just ahead of the rear slide. Is that redundant or what? The delivery walk around person and others had no idea.
    tbank you!

Originally posted by AngKev2013 View Post
    We have a brand new 2022 solitude 373FB. We only have one black and one gray tank. In the nautilus system there is a black tank flush connection, but there is what appears to be another flush connection on same side of trailer just ahead of the rear slide. Is that redundant or what? The delivery walk around person and others had no idea.
    tbank you!
    Your 373 has two black tanks and two gray tanks. Not one of each. Since you have two bathrooms, you have two black tanks.
    I'm really surprised your dealership was clueless on this.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thank you!! The owners manual was no help. I searched for the 2nd black and gray tank dump valves after you told me we have 2. , found them way up under skirt just in front of the middle left stabilizer. Now this all makes sense. I will contact the dealership and the person that did the walk around and the other people that came out to look and let them know that this model definitely does have two tanks because he even sat inside with the control panel that monitors the black and gray tanks numbered two. he told us you don’t have two tanks so this is not a usable button so I’ll let them know that they were wrong wasn’t the only thing that seemed a little off when they were showing us the operations of the trailer luckily I’m a pretty smart guy and can figure most things out but thank you all for your help this really Set things straight for us. Thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by AngKev2013 View Post
        Thank you!! The owners manual was no help. I searched for the 2nd black and gray tank dump valves after you told me we have 2. , found them way up under skirt just in front of the middle left stabilizer. Now this all makes sense. I will contact the dealership and the person that did the walk around and the other people that came out to look and let them know that this model definitely does have two tanks because he even sat inside with the control panel that monitors the black and gray tanks numbered two. he told us you don’t have two tanks so this is not a usable button so I’ll let them know that they were wrong wasn’t the only thing that seemed a little off when they were showing us the operations of the trailer luckily I’m a pretty smart guy and can figure most things out but thank you all for your help this really Set things straight for us. Thank you so much!
        It's not uncommon for dealership personnel to do a little "creative guessing" when doing the walk around. Please don't hesitate to ask questions here on the forum about the operation, maintenance or repair on your unit. The moderators have access to the blue prints for your rig, and frequently we can get you the "real" answers.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Only been on the forum for one day and already such a fan! You folks are great! Thank you!

Comment

AngKev2013 welcome to our fun, not so little group! The scary thing about this is that they will be the one's performing any warranty issues you have. Ask lots of questions here, and be persistent with them should you have any issues.

Dave
            Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
            2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
            2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
            2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
            Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

One important thing for owners to remember is RV's are not like AUTO's when it comes to Delivery and service. Most dealerships only deal with 1 manufacturer thus it's pretty easy to have all of the right information and tools to do the job as well as knowing what to show new owners. RV dealers have to deal with every brand the represent. Even across a particular brand, everything can be completely wired, plumbed, and constructed different.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I realize this is an old thread but wanted to point out we had the same questions when we got ours.

Funny thing to note was the Grand Design literature also says ONE of each tank with a 100gal capacity. The reality is you have TWO of each tanks with a capacity of 50gal. I have no idea why even the official GD documents are incorrect. I guess they only made them for the model without the half balf?
                2020 Ram 3500 CrewCab DRW Cummins
                2021 Solitude 373FB-R

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  One important thing for owners to remember is RV's are not like AUTO's when it comes to Delivery and service. Most dealerships only deal with 1 manufacturer thus it's pretty easy to have all of the right information and tools to do the job as well as knowing what to show new owners. RV dealers have to deal with every brand the represent. Even across a particular brand, everything can be completely wired, plumbed, and constructed different.
                  No excuse in my book. Our current rv delivery was the same. Guy didn’t have a clue. He wondered why there was no water when he turned on the faucets (plugged into electric only), I had to suggest he turn on the water pump 😮😮 I could start a whole thread about the botched delivery we had 😠
                  It’s not hard to research the model you are delivering.
                  Plus, rv basics are the same for all rv’s, such as turning on the water pump, etc.
                  Rich

Comment

Working...
                  X