Leveling Piston Leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling Piston Leaking

2020 Solitude Front Piston leaking. Lippert does not sell a kit to replace the seals.
    With that great news Is there any after market kits out there.
    I have no bolts 1 Big Nut on the bottom Spanner type cap on top 4 hole​

They are probably standard seals either metric or imperial. You may be able to pull it apart and take the seals to Motion Industries or a similar place and have them match them up. Take the jack with you just in case they need any information about the bore or the piston.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

You might even want to contact Lippert and see if they will replace the cylinder. Being as this is a newer unit they may send you what you need, worht a call at least.

I would agree with Joseph above that the seals and wipers will not be anything that is exclusive to Lippert. You might also find a local hydraulic shop that may be able to assist you with the repair.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I don't know if these apply, but it may be a lead.
        https://getrvparts.com/genuine-power...placement-kit/

https://highskyrvparts.com/rv-parts/jacks-levelers/leveling-systems/lippert-components-leveling-jack-seal-359459
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

ccd-0002478.pdf

A repair and troubleshoot manual for hydraulic legs.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Scocciante View Post
            2020 Solitude Front Piston leaking. Lippert does not sell a kit to replace the seals.
            With that great news Is there any after market kits out there.
            I have no bolts 1 Big Nut on the bottom Spanner type cap on top 4 hole​
            I have no idea if these will work on our hydraulic jacks, but this seal healer tool works well on motorcycle forks. The object is to try and scrape out any foreign material that may be allowing the seal to leak (assuming it is not damaged). https://www.amazon.com/Squatch-Racin.../dp/B07X5W8HH3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal Mate.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	100754
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This YouTube video shows an owner of another brand repairing his hydraulic cylinder. It's similar to yours, but has three bolts on the bottom instead of one large one. But the repair should be similar. He says in the video that the replacement cylinder is $600, but he was able to repair it with new seals from his local hydraulic shop for less than $5.00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQWXJEXJh6Y&t=311s

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Taking the advice of many did some leg work. After many unanswered calls finally spoke to a parts person explained I had an Extended warranty After many pictures and measurements they ordered a replacement. Showed up today no cost to me . well worth the wait would have cost 710.95 part [HASHTAG="t274"]Lippert[/HASHTAG] 8005353 Thanks To All

Comment

Taking the advice of many did some leg work. After many unanswered calls finally spoke to a parts person explained I had an Extended warranty After many pictures and measurements they ordered a replacement. Showed up today no cost to me . well worth the wait would have cost 710.95 part [HASHTAG="t274"]Lippert[/HASHTAG] 8005353 Thanks To All
                  That is great news. I sure would like to get my hands on the old cylinder, I like to tear things apart to see how they work and how they failed.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

What I will do is take it to a hydraulic shop get it rebuilt and get a full list of Seals

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

I like to tear things apart to see how they work and how they failed.

Brian
                      Anybody can 'tear apart'. It's the putting back together that gets tricky.
                      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I'd rather disassemble it vs tearing it apart.

Be interesting to see if it's a bad seal or debris in the seal. Being on the bottom side is a bit of concern for travel as it could lower itself.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                          Anybody can 'tear apart'. It's the putting back together that gets tricky.
                          Waite - I think I know someone with that issue
                          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

What I will do is take it to a hydraulic shop get it rebuilt and get a full list of Seals
                            x2 on Scocciante's advice. There are subtle differences in the various seals and installation methods that will be easy for a hydraulic rebuild shop to handle. Less so, for an amateur.

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

x2 on Scocciante's advice. There are subtle differences in the various seals and installation methods that will be easy for a hydraulic rebuild shop to handle. Less so, for an amateur.

Rob
                              Yup.

After watching numerous cylinders get rebuilt....there are differences in various manufacturers designs.
                              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                              Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Working...
                              X