Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydraulic schematic/diagram for Momentum 2022 397TH-R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic schematic/diagram for Momentum 2022 397TH-R?

Hi all,

I heard a noise that sounded like a hydraulic line failed... a Zing sound followed by dripping noises that lasted about a minute.
    The sound seemed to originate in the garage.
    I inspected the RV on the outside and have not seen any dripping or wet spots.

Are there any diagrams or schematics for the hydraulic lines that I could use to try and find where the problem happened?
    I suspect the curb side rear jack since its lines feel softer than the others.

I have not operated the jacks.
    I have operated the kitchen and couch slides with no issues.

There is some chance that the noise was not from my RV since there are 3 other RVs in close proximity.

How do I verify that the jacks are good to operate?
    2022 RAM 3500HD DRW, '22 Momentum 397TH-R

NJP397THR2022 --- there's no schematic that I'm aware of that will help you identify the physical location of the lines.

If there's fluid loss in the hydraulic lines--or maybe even a water line--there's going to be some evidence trapped under the coroplast. What I'd do is crawl underneath and look for obvious signs of weight pressing down on the coroplast. A gentle fist-bump on the low points of the coroplast should return a splashing sound if there's indeed water or hydraulic fluid pooled underneath.

For testing the jacks...that's a tricky question. If the 397TH is already hooked up to the tow vehicle it's easy--just run the jacks up and down one at a time in manual mode. If the RV is NOT safely attached to the tow vehicle...I don't know how but I'd learn and implement a way to ensure the nose won't fall to the ground before doing any movement of the jack if there's a suspected hydraulic failure.

More knowledgeable individuals on the system will be along shortly.

Oh--and welcome to the forum (and good job on the signature line!)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This is a link to the manual on Lippert's site: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001539.pdf
      This version of the manual is dated 11.30.22 and the displays do not look like what I see on my system.
      This is a link to a diagram on Lippert's site: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0002281.pdf

Comment

Before I start on what I would do, let me note that if the trailer hydraulic system has not seen a lot of use, there could be air bubbles in the hydraulic lines that are still working themselves out. The bubbles make a noise when they collapse that I would describe as more of "ping" than a "zing". Also, I haven't heard any dripping sound after a bubble collapses, but then my hearing is not that good. Just ask my DW.

First, I would check and see if the trailer is still level front to back and side to side. If not, this would be an indicator that something did indeed give.

The best situation, NJP397THR2022, is if the hydraulic lines are continuous runs with no couplings between the start and end of each line. I would proceed to inspect with this assumption in mind and hold off on crawling around under the trailer as long as I can, but that may just be my knees talking. It reads like you have already checked the landing and stabilizing jacks without finding any evidence of a broken connection or cylinder leak. Next, I would check the hydraulic valves for any sign of a broken connection or leakage. These valves are probably in the front storage compartment on the curbside. While in there I would also check the hydraulic fluid level in the reservoir and see if it changed (you noted that you ran the slides in and out, so if the problem is with the slide cylinders there may be a change in oil level).

If the above still didn't satisfy me, I would then make the crawl under the trailer. The hydraulic lines are most likely routed along the main carrier beams, so focus on that area. Note that if your floor is insulated, the batt insulation can soak up a lot of oil before there is any obvious sign of a problem (bulging areas, squishy areas, drips, stains, etc.) in the cor-plastic. It might be necessary to unscrew section of the edge of the cor-plastic to do a visual inspection.

I agree with howson that if the trailer is not already on the TV, then testing the jacks can be risky. Think about blocking at the landing jacks under the carrier beams before making any movements with the jacks and secure everything in the trailer the same as you do for travel. In the worst case, the trailer nose probable won't hit the ground, but the trailer will continue to go down until the landing jacks are fully retracted.

Finally, if any of this makes you uncomfortable consider finding a hydraulic mechanic, not necessarily a RV Technician, who would be willing to come out and inspect the system.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Update on the status of this issue...
          I brought the RV in to the dealer that I bought the unit from for some other warranty work.
          They inspected the unit and did not find any evidence of a leak.
          However, they did not drop the basement cover for the inspection.
          Anyway, the leveling jacks and the hydraulic slides are all working as they should.
          I am hoping that the noise that I heard was from another RV.
          If I find out otherwise, then I will update this thread.

Comment

Working...
          X