Lippert 3.0 Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert 3.0 Fault

Not sure what to try next - hoping someone has encountered this before and can provide some advice!
    Pulled into our spot this evening and apparently it was enough out of level the front right jack wouldn't lower enough for the auto-level feature to work after disconnecting.
    Of course the manual I printed out for the system was in the storage above the tv so tried a few things as I didn't want to extend the slides with the rv out of level that much.
    Kept getting an error message to manually retract the LR jack but it was completely stowed.
    Reconnected the RV, moved it to a more level area and then tried again after the power had been off to the Lippert 3.0 - no dice, still in fault mode.
    Manually was able to adjust the 2 front and 2 rear jacks to level the RV enough "by eye" to feel comfortable opening the Living Room slide to gain access to the manual - but so far not finding anything related to the fault I'm experiencing. (rechecked with a 4' level after gaining access and I'm pretty close!)
    Help?
    Need to take my wife & 5yr old granddaughter over for a bite to eat - will check in when we return and again before we take off tomorrow and thank you in advance for any suggestions or tips on where to find the information I'm overlooking!
    Chris
    Chris
    2019 Solitude 3740BH
    2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

When mine has faulted, I could reset it from the touch panel. After that, a "retract all" would get it back to normal.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

TheNescios, when you say "after the power had been off to the Lippert 3.0" do you mean you disconnected the battery?
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I found if you lower jacks about 6 inches or so then hit retract all the fault clears.
        2018 337RLS
        720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
        disc brakes, ems

Comment

Was able to reach Lippert customer care and a nice man walked me through the steps - Jims94 is on the right path.
          From what they're saying, reconnect to the truck, lower all 6 jacks 6", then hold down the retract button - the fault should clear and retract all the jacks.

Next time I'll pay more attention to jack position compared to how level the ground is, pretty sure the fault came about due to having extended the manual part of the one front jack a few notches out of habit when I should have left the manual part fully retracted. Live & learn!
          Thank you for the responses and our adventure continues!
          Last edited by TheNescios; 03-17-2023, 10:05 AM.
          Chris
          2019 Solitude 3740BH

Comment

Originally posted by TheNescios View Post
            Was able to reach Lippert customer care and a nice man walked me through the steps - Jims94 is on the right path.
            From what they're saying, reconnect to the truck, lower all 6 jacks 6", then hold down the retract button - the fault should clear and retract all the jacks.

Next time I'll pay more attention to jack position compared to how level the ground is, pretty sure the fault came about due to having extended the manual part of the one front jack a few notches out of habit when I should have left the manual part fully retracted. Live & learn!
            Thank you for the responses and our adventure continues!
            On an uneven surface I have often let the inner sleeve of one jack down further than the other. Should I not do this?
            Last edited by howson; 03-17-2023, 10:29 AM.
            2020 Reflection 273MK
            2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

On an uneven surface I have often let the inner sleeve of one jack down further than the other. Should I not do this?
              I do the same thing and have not had any issues. I use blocking under the jacks but sometimes letting more of the inner sleeve out is needed. There should be no harm in doing this.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

I do the same thing and have not had any issues. I use blocking under the jacks but sometimes letting more of the inner sleeve out is needed. There should be no harm in doing this.

Brian
                I use blocks also. Sometimes there may be 2-3 in difference between the distance of bottom plate of the jacks in relation to the blocks. I know the auto level probably doesn't care, but it just makes me feel better getting the bottom plates same distance to the block before engaging auto level.

I've never thrown a code on the controller.
                2020 Reflection 273MK
                2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

I use blocks also. Sometimes there may be 2-3 in difference between the distance of bottom plate of the jacks in relation to the blocks. I know the auto level probably doesn't care, but it just makes me feel better getting the bottom plates same distance to the block before engaging auto level.

I've never thrown a code on the controller.
                  I do about the same. I had a fault one time when I stroked out one of the rear jacks. there is not much stroke to those so sometimes I use extra blocking.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Have been traveling with the RV and then got home with too many things to catch up on so apologies for the delay in continuing this conversation.

The manual parts being uneven wasn't the issue for me, it was the opposite actually - I put them both down the same amount like I normally do which is what caused the issue.
                    RV space had a pretty decent slow from the front right to the left rear and a couple of depressions where other RV's had been parking.
                    Right front couldn't lower enough to help level the RV out which caused other jack positions to try and compensate which then caused the fault.
                    If I'd paid more attention to the site and not extended the right front manual extension things probably would have worked the way they're supposed to.

Fine line between doing things the same way each time so you remember each step vs being set in our ways and not adapting!
                    Chris
                    2019 Solitude 3740BH

Comment

Working...
                    X