Anyone know how to read One Control Diagnostic Logs - level up related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to read One Control Diagnostic Logs - level up related

My middle two jacks are pulling far too many Amps when retracting and dropping battery voltage (rear 4 pull over 120 Amps, mid two pull over 90 Amps). The diagnostic logs show errors with Leveler 4 (unable to send command, timeouts, session errors). Curious if anyone knows which they refer to and the meaning of Leveler 4?
    Thanks,
    John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

John,

You have hydraulic levelers correct?

That seems strange that the rear 2 would pull that many amps and the front do not. Since this whole system runs off of one pump I would think there is an issue with a solenoid valve relay or even the valve itself not opening fully. I would not think it would be a One Control issue, the only thing that I can think of for the One Control is that if it is sending 2 signals to the valves at the same time.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      John,

You have hydraulic levelers correct?

That seems strange that the rear 2 would pull that many amps and the front do not. Since this whole system runs off of one pump I would think there is an issue with a solenoid valve relay or even the valve itself not opening fully. I would not think it would be a One Control issue, the only thing that I can think of for the One Control is that if it is sending 2 signals to the valves at the same time.

Brian
      Yes, six hydraulic levelers and retracting the middle two causes the amperage to exceed the rating of the 80Amp auto-reset CB. I pulled the One Control Diagnostic Notes and there were some faults referencing "leveler 4" - no error codes - but Leveler 4 faults. Have no idea what the diagnostics mean really but session timeouts, command timeouts, no session failures, leveler 4 unable to send commands, leveler 4 receive error, and Received steps for screen `Home` when expecting steps for `AutoLevel`. I'm surprised that I measured voltage on both polarity sides of the solenoid (12.25 and .2) which seems like the motor is fighting itself in which direction it wants to go also. I just don't see how 126 Amps isn't causing the 80 Amp CB to pop. Just the middle two jacks should cause it to blow I'd think.

john
      2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post

I'm surprised that I measured voltage on both polarity sides of the solenoid

john
        If there was battery voltage on both sides, just that will cause high amperage regardless of motor draw. A solenoid fighting itself will draw very high numbers.
        To have battery voltage on both sides would indicate a control board problem or shorted wire.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          If there was battery voltage on both sides, just that will cause high amperage regardless of motor draw. A solenoid fighting itself will draw very high numbers.
          To have battery voltage on both sides would indicate a control board problem or shorted wire.
          The only time there is battery voltage on both sides is when the jacks are in operation. Just the 1+V voltage drop alone when raising the jacks is something LCI said means they need to replace parts. But I really was surprised that there was any voltage leak at all.

Comment

The only time there is battery voltage on both sides is when the jacks are in operation. Just the 1+V voltage drop alone when raising the jacks is something LCI said means they need to replace parts. But I really was surprised that there was any voltage leak at all.
            Oh, OK, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying 12v on both sides.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

My middle two jacks are pulling far too many Amps when retracting and dropping battery voltage (rear 4 pull over 120 Amps, mid two pull over 90 Amps). The diagnostic logs show errors with Leveler 4 (unable to send command, timeouts, session errors). Curious if anyone knows which they refer to and the meaning of Leveler 4?
              Thanks,
              John
              John,
              I can't find anything in LCI's documentation regarding your question. Suggest calling LCI Customer Service--they will know. Please share with us what you learn. https://support.lci1.com/contact

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

John,
                I can't find anything in LCI's documentation regarding your question. Suggest calling LCI Customer Service--they will know. Please share with us what you learn. https://support.lci1.com/contact

Howard
                Howard,
                I have asked LCI tech but haven't found anyone that can answer how to interpret the logs yet. I did have a site call with Grand Design tech and he believes the hydraulic motor is the problem. Scheduled visit to dealer for June 2nd. I will try contacting LCI again and let you know if I receive any further information.

Note, I have the LCI One Control Advantage system, the part number for which is no longer available according to Grand Design's parts lookup. The hydraulic schematic for One Control doesn't match what is installed.

Thanks,
                John

Comment

Note, I have the LCI One Control Advantage system...
                  I don't know what that is! I'll be following this thread closely.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

ajg617

Can you expound on how you're seeing these diagnostic logs? A picture would be great, too.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                      ajg617

Can you expound on how you're seeing these diagnostic logs? A picture would be great, too.
                      I can email them to myself on the Compass Connect app under the Diagnostics section - but they are also available on the One Control touch panel inside. Samples below. Ignore any smilies as the text is turning some character sequences like ": D" into a smiley (there is actually no space between in the diagnostic output).

2023-04-30 12:59:25.479 -04:00 [WRNirectConnectionMyRvLink] Leveler 4 last sent command received an error!
                      2023-04-30 12:59:25.482 -04:00 [WRN:LevelerType4ControlPageViewModel] LevelerControlLoopAsync: Leveler 4 unable to send command Command error ErrorAssumed for "40 0, Level Up Leveler" Status = 00 00 FF FE A5 00 75 33 because Command error ErrorAssumed​

2023-04-30 13:00:07.502 -04:00 [WRN:LevelerType4ControlPageViewModel] LevelerControlLoopAsync: Leveler 4 unable to send command Command error ErrorCommandTimeout for "40 0, Level Up Leveler" Status = 00 00 FF FE A5 03 7D A3 because Command error ErrorCommandTimeout
                      2023-04-30 13:00:08.559 -04:00 [WRN:LevelerType4ControlPageViewModel] LevelerControlLoopAsync: Leveler 4 unable to send command Command error ErrorAssumed for "40 0, Level Up Leveler" Status = 00 00 FF FE A5 03 7D A3 because Command error ErrorAssumed
                      2023-04-30 13:00:08.706 -04:00 [INF:MyRvLinkCommandEvent] Processing Event Received For CommandId 0x8E found pending command MyRvLinkCommandLeveler4ButtonCommand[Client Command Id: 0x008E, Table Id: 0x01, DeviceId: 0x01, Device Mode: 0x00, UI Mode: 0x00, UI Button Data: 0x00 0x00 0x00 Raw Data: 00 8E 50 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 Raw Response Data: 02 00 8e 02 11
                      2023-04-30 13:00:08.707 -04:00 [WRNirectConnectionMyRvLink] [LCIRemoteCkkhGKckB] Event Received FAILURE: Command(0x008E) FailureMultipleResponse SessionTimeout/ErrorSessionTimeout​
                      Last edited by ajg617; 05-09-2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

ajg617 -- there's never been a single reference to this information in any of the training I've had through LCI, both online and in-person. At least none that I remember. Definitely something I'll want to explore further.

bob -- with all the deep-dives you've done into the OneControl system, can you shed any light on the topic?

Howard

Comment

Working...
                        X