Lippert One Touch on 2021 29RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert One Touch on 2021 29RS

Got our RV out of storage and the Lippert One Touch would not work. When we use the control in the front compartment, it goes to OFFLINE and cannot level and all four jacks go in default. Brand new battery, but It shows voltage dropping but battery is not dropping. Have had mobile service try a new touch screen with no success. Any suggestions?

Good morning. Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest you call Lippert customer support. They are typically quite helpful.

574-537-8900

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We did call Lippert and they tried diagnosing over the phone with no success

Comment

Dang - normally they can help with the diagnosis.

I'm going to see if I can get a couple of our forum members to weigh in on your issue. But first, do you have a volt meter, and electrical trouble-shooting experience?

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

I had issues with mine not responding and acting like it was offline as a last resort I found the fuse in the electrical panel pulled it waited about 5 minutes plugged it back in and all has worked ever since. Previous to this happening I had had the batteries unhooked and assume that when the one control was staring up it encountered some sort of issue.
          Scott & Mikaela
          2022 375 RES
          2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
            Dang - normally they can help with the diagnosis.

I'm going to see if I can get a couple of our forum members to weigh in on your issue. But first, do you have a volt meter, and electrical trouble-shooting experience?

Jim
            Yes, we have a volt meter and some electrical trouble shooting experience. Monday mobile service is coming out to replace a controller and just hope that's it. But looking for any possiblity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post
              I had issues with mine not responding and acting like it was offline as a last resort I found the fuse in the electrical panel pulled it waited about 5 minutes plugged it back in and all has worked ever since. Previous to this happening I had had the batteries unhooked and assume that when the one control was staring up it encountered some sort of issue.
              Where is the electrical panel that you mentioned and what is the fuse labeled?

Comment

Originally posted by knottdv View Post

Where is the electrical panel that you mentioned and what is the fuse labeled?
                It is the panel with all of the fuses and breakers, not sure where it’s located in yours picture of mine is attached. Fuse location was not specifically labeled I found it through trial and error.
                Scott & Mikaela
                2022 375 RES
                2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

It is the panel with all of the fuses and breakers, not sure where it’s located in yours picture of mine is attached. Fuse location was not specifically labeled I found it through trial and error.
                  Which fuse did you pull?

Comment

knottdv I don’t remember which one it was. I pulled fuses until the screen shut off and never went back and labeled afterwards.
                    Scott & Mikaela
                    2022 375 RES
                    2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Pulling the fuse is simply cutting off the 12V supply. This is a good approach to allow the system to "reboot". You can accomplish the same thing by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. Just make sure you're disconnected from shore power before doing so.

You can also try turning off the battery disconnect switch and seeing if the panel goes off.

Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie

Comment

knottdv -- if you have solar, cover the solar panel(s) with a blanket or something similar to ensure they aren't inadvertently powering the 12v circuits in your rig when attempting to shut off all power. Alternatively, do the reboot at night when it's dark.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                          knottdv -- if you have solar, cover the solar panel(s) with a blanket or something similar to ensure they aren't inadvertently powering the 12v circuits in your rig when attempting to shut off all power. Alternatively, do the reboot at night when it's dark.
                          We do not have solar

Comment

Originally posted by knottdv View Post

We do not have solar
                            Then a hard reboot is easy. Turn off shore power, then disconnect the negative from the battery. Wait about 30 seconds for all transients to get used up, then reconnect the negative and reapply shore power.

You may get a small spark when reconnecting the negative so be prepared.

Howard
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

First of all, I just want to thank everyone that did respond to my question and as of yesterday our camper is finally fixed. It turned out to be a bad controller.

Comment

Working...
                              X