5th wheel front jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th wheel front jacks

How far can the front manual 'pin' legs go?
    If the front of the trailer was high enough off the ground, would they fall right out?
    How far out of the electric portion of the front jack can the manual section safely be? 6 holes exposed? 10 holes? More?
    Had mine at nine holes exposed while remaining attached to the TV a few weeks ago. Made me wonder...how far out is safe when not attached to the TV?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

I have pulled mine out when attached to the truck, sorry don't remember how long they are but they just barely came out.
    I try to only extend the 6 or 8 holes, 6 is recommended if I recall.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I've had mine out 10 holes without problem.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I have always tried to balance powered extension and drop leg extension for best stability. In my driveway, this means about a 12 hole extension of the drop legs and this has never been a problem. I have extended the drop legs further on occasion . . . maybe to 16? but I don't recall for sure. BTW, I have tried the piles of blocks or cribbing under shorter leg extension as some do for "stability" . . . but I don't find this to be any more stable than using the 50/50 legs all the way to the ground.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2889.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	112408
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I also go with Robs 50/50 rule. However it will vary at different campgrounds depending on the site slope, I like many state parks, BLM, and other limited service campgrounds and at times extend the top portion of the jacks more in case I need to lower the nose a lot, or the opposite (more holes exposed) in case I need to raise the nose.

But I am curious. As I have the trailer on cribbing I just might see how far the hole section goes, but I am sure it differs depending on the size of your rig.
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230517_113449_Chrome.jpg Views:	17 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	112428 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230517_113235_Adobe Acrobat.jpg Views:	17 Size:	285.1 KB ID:	112429

Both Lippert and Venture indicate 16" inner leg drop in 1" increments.
            Last edited by TedS; 05-17-2023, 10:04 PM.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thank you very much Ted! Your searching prowess is much better than mine.
              2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
              Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Working...
              X