Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydraulic jack retraction sequence after pressing Hitch Height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post

It's in the shop now. Dealership says it tests fine.
    Have them show you it "testing fine" while you watch. Pressing hitch height should raise the rear four jacks and adjust the front two. If it doesn't do that...it's not "fine".

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
      Have them show you it "testing fine" while you watch. Pressing hitch height should raise the rear four jacks and adjust the front two. If it doesn't do that...it's not "fine".
      That's my intention next week. Have them auto-level it and then press hitch height. We'll see how that goes.
      2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
      2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

ajg617 When they are doing the test, measure the height from the ground to the 5er king pin plate (intentionally move it), then run the auto level, and then hitch height and MEASURE that it returns to at least CLOSE to the original height before auto level. If it's not within 1/2" either way then it fails (in my book but LCI may say different). Read the manual on the auto level and hitch height as the hitch has to be in a certain position for it to return to hitch height, I don't remember if it's low from level or high from level for it to meet the requirement to return.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          ajg617 When they are doing the test, measure the height from the ground to the 5er king pin plate (intentionally move it), then run the auto level, and then hitch height and MEASURE that it returns to at least CLOSE to the original height before auto level. If it's not within 1/2" either way then it fails (in my book but LCI may say different). Read the manual on the auto level and hitch height as the hitch has to be in a certain position for it to return to hitch height, I don't remember if it's low from level or high from level for it to meet the requirement to return.
          Will check though I've never had any real problem auto-leveling. Retract all has failed to get any of the jacks up (including landing legs) unless I press the button multiple times and getting the rear jacks to retract when pressing hitch height has worked for a couple of months then completely stopped. I only have the 5 button controller in the pass thru - landing legs up/down, auto-level, hitch height, retract-all. If I manually want to retract the rear 4 legs, I have to do it inside on the touch screen or in the app on the phone.
          2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            I agree there must be some requirement/condition for hitch height to work. The 'Hitch Height' button rarely works on my trailer. BUT, it always retracts the rear jacks on the second press. Just doesn't adjust the fronts. If the dealer could get ajg617's trailer to at least do that, I'll bet he would consider it a win. Maybe not completely satisfied, but the trailer would be useful and not a source of frustration. This has been going on a long time.

Comment

From an LCI manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230612_123003_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	114367
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Ya, mine won't do that. Takes two presses to get it to do that

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                  From an LCI manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230612_123003_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	114367
                  Yes, worked this way for the first 5 months or so then in any given month, hitch height press does not retract any of the rear jacks and retract-all leaves some jacks down including front legs takes as many a 5 presses of retract-all.

Comment

ajg617

At any time after the initial auto level, when you are set up to camp, have you ever used auto level again, to tighten the jacks up? If so this will have a negative effect on the initial hitch height setting. It may also play in to the not retracting the rear jacks.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                      ajg617

At any time after the initial auto level, when you are set up to camp, have you ever used auto level again, to tighten the jacks up? If so this will have a negative effect on the initial hitch height setting. It may also play in to the not retracting the rear jacks.

Brian
                      I only used auto level after being set up for a few days once. When pressing hitch height at the end of that trip, the auto level system blinked red and faulted out. I reset from the basement touch panel. Pressed hitch height again and it faulted out again. Had to retract everything manually from the basement touch panel. Soooooo I don't auto level a second time anymore.

I too scared..... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                        ajg617

Brian
                        No, not unless I had to hitch and move the trailer a bit - that I did maybe twice on our first trip.

Comment

Dealer replaced the 80amp CB. Works as it should now and doesn't exceed 70ish amps. When I press hitch height, mids retract, rears retract once the mids are up all the way, then landing gear extends.

Comment

Working...
                          X