auto level issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto level issues

Evening, I have a 2021 353g Momentum. I have been having continuous issue with the 6 point auto level. Could very easily be operator error. I set the camp up on close to level surface. I then drop the front Jack's and remove it from the truck. Once I pull the truck out I always make sure the front end is a little higher than level. Then I press the auto level function. The camper goes through the process and gets the angles to roughly .1% front to back and side to side and then through and "auto level error". So then I go into manual mode and get it to zero. Once I do that I press the auto level again and it takes the system out of level and throws 1 of 2 possible errors, "out of stroke" or "auto level error" again. So at this point I put it back into manual mode and put levels in the camper and zero it out again. Once zeroed out, I shut the level system off and put it into zero calibration mode.by pressing the front button 10 times then the rear button 10 times. Once.it.is in calibration mode, I know I have it zeroed out already so.I hit enter and it checks stability and the say it has successfully zeroed then shuts off. At this point I turn.it back on and hit auto level. Again it.movrs it self out of zero and through another auto level error. So this is where.i am at now. How can I check the on board levels to see if it's out of level there. One unit is in the front compartment above generator but has no level.bubbles on it. I don't really want to pull the underbody material off behind axle to see if one is there. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas?? Thanks!

Out of stroke means the jacks have run out of adjustment. Like not having enough blocks under the jack so it runs out of stroke before level is achieved
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I agree with above that the "out of stroke" means there is too much extension on the jack/jacks, blocking will help this as the rear jacks do not have much stroke compared to the front.

The second level sensor is located in the middle of the RV near the back, might be in between the rear 2 jacks, dropping the coroplast is the only way to inspect. There are no "bubbles" to look at as these are electronic gimbles that provide the info to the controller. Both the front and rear sensors must be tightly mounted. Also when trying to autolevel there must be no movement in the RV as this will throw the sensors off.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by kstack View Post
        At this point I turn.it back on and hit auto level. Again it.movrs it self out of zero and through another auto level error. So this is where.i am at now. How can I check the on board levels to see if it's out of level there.
        It appears you are following the Zero Point Calibration (ZPC) correctly from your description. Also noted in the manual is that the front of the trailer has to be above level before selecting Auto Level and hitting Enter. The trailer being above level usually occurs when you unhitch. But in your description it appears you haven't raised the front of the trailer (after your ZPC) in order to start the Auto Level. Also, after doing the ZPC you won't be able to hit the Left/Right combination to auto set the unhitch height until you hitch and unhitch next time you move.

I would set the ZPC. Manually raise the front of the trailer and hitch it to the truck. Unhitch from the truck (possibly adding some wood under the front jacks to eliminate THAT error). Now, with the front of the trailer above level you can hit the Auto Level and see what happens.

Pat and Karen
        2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

Evening, so I tried it again. Hooked up the camper to my truck, retracted all jacks, powered off the leveling system, turned it back on, disconnected it from the truck, placed 6x6 blocks under the back two jacks, pull truck out from camper, press auto level button. Camper goes through its process for a out 3 to 4 minutes, throws out of stroke error even though the max stroke on the back left is only 4.5 inches.

Do the same thing all except add another block, now I get auto level error.

There has to be something wrong with system, everyone I have talked to says they do the same thing and it works everytime.

Comment

I would guess that you have an issue with either the controller or the rear level sensor, which is above the coroplast as stated earlier.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hey Everyone!! We got it fixed!!!! So I finally called lippert customer service and let me tell yo, those people know how to talk to you and walk you through every step. It took me 4 calls because we went through everything from homing the jackets to zero calibration to manual putting it into error mode to testing the voltage on the battery and even pulling down the under liner to inspect the rear sensor. They knew it all. BUT as always it took me just blabbering away for them to stop me in my tracks and say there's the issue. When we were trying to lower the left side only the left front would operate. When we tried the right the front right and rear left would move. And I ask the dumb question of why the rear left was moving when we were pushing the left button. Well if you.go to the main control unit which for me was in the front compartment above the generator you will see the main control.unit where each jack plugs into. Well the factory had hooked the rear and middle.jacks up backwards. So the Left Rear was hook to the Right Rear position. And if you would look better than I did you would see the control.is label RR and the wire harness is labeled RR. These should match but in my case they were back wards. Unplugged them, switch them around and boom, works perfectly!! Hope this helps anyone else having issues. Thanks for everyone's help!!

Comment

Thanks for the update. I would have never thought to check the connections on the controller, good catch.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by kstack View Post
                  Hey Everyone!! We got it fixed!!!! So I finally called lippert customer service and let me tell yo, those people know how to talk to you and walk you through every step. It took me 4 calls because we went through everything from homing the jackets to zero calibration to manual putting it into error mode to testing the voltage on the battery and even pulling down the under liner to inspect the rear sensor. They knew it all. BUT as always it took me just blabbering away for them to stop me in my tracks and say there's the issue. When we were trying to lower the left side only the left front would operate. When we tried the right the front right and rear left would move. And I ask the dumb question of why the rear left was moving when we were pushing the left button. Well if you.go to the main control unit which for me was in the front compartment above the generator you will see the main control.unit where each jack plugs into. Well the factory had hooked the rear and middle.jacks up backwards. So the Left Rear was hook to the Right Rear position. And if you would look better than I did you would see the control.is label RR and the wire harness is labeled RR. These should match but in my case they were back wards. Unplugged them, switch them around and boom, works perfectly!! Hope this helps anyone else having issues. Thanks for everyone's help!!
                  Thanks for posting the fix for your issue. Like Brian, I never would have suspected swapped wiring plugs.
                  2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Working...
                  X