How to clear error code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clear error code

I have a Reflections 337RLS 5th wheel trailer and am having a problem clearing an error code. This morning when I went to raise the front jacks I forgot to release the pressure on my mechanical stabalizing bars. This put pressure on the jacks and I got an error code "LF Jack, retract manually or push Retract to automatically retract." I got the jacks up by pushing the Retract button, but still get the error code. Tonight when we got to our destination, I shut off the battery power hoping that by cycling the power it would reset the error code. It didn't. The only way to operate the jacks is in the manual mode. All jacks appear to be operating OK. Does anyone know how to clear the errror codes.

Per eTrailer from Lippert documentation:

"Here is the recommended procedure for clearing the error code: Extend all jacks at least 6 inches. Then press and hold the RETRACT button until the jacks begin retracting. All of the jacks should fully retract and clear the error.

If that does not clear the error code disconnect all connectors to let the system power down completely for about 15 minutes. The re-connect and follow the procedure again if the error code reappears."

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

"Here is the recommended procedure for clearing the error code: Extend all jacks at least 6 inches. Then press and hold the RETRACT button until the jacks begin retracting. All of the jacks should fully retract and clear the error.

If that does not clear the error code disconnect all connectors to let the system power down completely for about 15 minutes. The re-connect and follow the procedure again if the error code reappears."

Rob
      I am having a similar problem. If I mess with the jacks, I can usually get the error code to clear, but at times the next time U use them I get an error code from another jack. This problem happened last year and then mysteriously went away. This year it is back.

The other problem I am having is that the jacks appear to be losing their reference point. Case in point... The RF jack no longer will retract fully. It gets to about 2' of retract and stops. I can manually retract with a drill, and it will work fine for a while, then do it again.

Now, when I first bought the trailer, I had no problem with any of them ever. After the second year I started having a problem. And this seemed to correspond to when I began using the Lippert remote control to lower and level the trailer. The location I store the trailer in is tight and I cannot open the side compartment to operate the system; hence the remote. Without the remote, I cannot lower the front jacks to disconnect the truck. However, once I pull the trailer out and go to level it, that is when the leveling system seems to have lost its way and I experience jack errors or they will not retract all the way.

I had lengthy calls with Lippert to attempt to get it working. Not of what they told me worked. They advised I needed a new battery (even though I operate them while plugged in to shore power. I replaced the battery anyway, and that did no good. They then told me to use a drill to manually extend the jacks over 6", then hold the retract button until they retract. This did not work either (BTW - the top of the jacks are not accessible with a ratchet, so I had to do it with a 5/16" socket on the bottom. It also takes a long time for each jack.). No amount of coaxing seems to get this system to work correctly. I also measured voltages at various points they advised and all were OK. I unplugged and plugged in all connectors too - again with no affect.

I am planning on scheduling a service appointment to address this as I do not feel I should have to mess with this every time I go to level the trailer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tony
      Tony G
      2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
      2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
      KTM 250XC

Comment

Originally posted by tgodrich View Post

I am having a similar problem. If I mess with the jacks, I can usually get the error code to clear, but at times the next time U use them I get an error code from another jack. This problem happened last year and then mysteriously went away. This year it is back.

The other problem I am having is that the jacks appear to be losing their reference point. Case in point... The RF jack no longer will retract fully. It gets to about 2' of retract and stops. I can manually retract with a drill, and it will work fine for a while, then do it again.

Now, when I first bought the trailer, I had no problem with any of them ever. After the second year I started having a problem. And this seemed to correspond to when I began using the Lippert remote control to lower and level the trailer. The location I store the trailer in is tight and I cannot open the side compartment to operate the system; hence the remote. Without the remote, I cannot lower the front jacks to disconnect the truck. However, once I pull the trailer out and go to level it, that is when the leveling system seems to have lost its way and I experience jack errors or they will not retract all the way.

I had lengthy calls with Lippert to attempt to get it working. Not of what they told me worked. They advised I needed a new battery (even though I operate them while plugged in to shore power. I replaced the battery anyway, and that did no good. They then told me to use a drill to manually extend the jacks over 6", then hold the retract button until they retract. This did not work either (BTW - the top of the jacks are not accessible with a ratchet, so I had to do it with a 5/16" socket on the bottom. It also takes a long time for each jack.). No amount of coaxing seems to get this system to work correctly. I also measured voltages at various points they advised and all were OK. I unplugged and plugged in all connectors too - again with no affect.

I am planning on scheduling a service appointment to address this as I do not feel I should have to mess with this every time I go to level the trailer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tony
        Not really, Tony. My 337 didn't have auto-leveling and our new Solitude has the Level Up hydraulic system so I don't have any hands-on experience with your system. Sorry.

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
          When picking my trailer up from the dealer for some warranty work (I grabbed it after a month since they still did not have the parts) the battery was about dead. I was getting errors like you and I could only get them to retract manually.

I got it hooked up and called the service techs over but they had no clue why it was doing that. I got it home and let the batteries charge up. The problem persists. I read the procedure listed above through lipperts site, about dropping all the jacks at least 6" and then held the retract all button. That retracted everything and all codes were cleared out. No problems since then. It seems low battery voltage can cause havoc on the controller. If it's happening often then maybe time for a new battery or possibly a loose connection.

I also learned my lesson that the dealer could care less about your camper and will let it sit out in the sun for a month waiting for parts while your battery is draining away.
          2020 GD 320G
          2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Comment

Working...
          X