35 amp fuse for auto level jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 amp fuse for auto level jacks

Been trying to find the 35 amp fuse that goes to the electric jacks on my Reflection 303 RLB. Searched Amazon; tried my dealer and still can’t find them. Where can you find these 35 amp fuses?

Thanks,
    Terry Gordon

tgordon

Hi Terry,
    Welcome to our owner's forum!
    I don't know where to find 35A fuses . . . I have looked for these as spares for my converter. (no luck)
    Just go with much more available 40A and you will be fine (in my opinion)

Edit: You can find these on Amazon . . . if you need 20 of them .

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 02-08-2020, 05:51 AM.
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I’m going to reach out to Lippert next week because the fuses are still being used in their leveling system. I’ll post what I find out.

tG

Comment

Originally posted by tgordon View Post
        Been trying to find the 35 amp fuse that goes to the electric jacks on my Reflection 303 RLB. Searched Amazon; tried my dealer and still can’t find them. Where can you find these 35 amp fuses?

Thanks,
        Terry Gordon
        There's the 35A ATC/ATO fuses:
        Bussmann BK/ATC-35
        Littelfuse 35A ATO 0287035
        https://www.amazon.com/Amp-Blue-Gree.../dp/B00NV7TNJI
        https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...196-ND/3102556
        https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...5PPTlQjocAA%3D
        Gene and Kim
        2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
        2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I’m going to reach out to Lippert next week because the fuses are still being used in their leveling system. I’ll post what I find out.

tG
          I see that gbkims has provided some sources for the fuse (thanks, Gene!).

I must admit to looking at this earlier today and couldn't figure out where the 35amp fuses are located. For my own curiosity, can you take a pic of the location and post? (Always learning!)

TIA.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Here's a 10 piece set of 35 amp ATC fuses for $6.37 ($.64 each).
            https://smile.amazon.com/Bullz-Audio...1186966&sr=8-6

And for 51 cents more, you can get a 50 pack ($.14 each)
            https://smile.amazon.com/Deepa-Stand...1187064&sr=8-5

I carry a fuse kit in the RV which covers many of my application in both the Tow Vehicle and RV. $11.99.
            https://smile.amazon.com/220pcs-Asso...1187064&sr=8-4

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I think I finally figured it out. The fuse is a 299 type that is 35 amp. The one pictured show a 7.5 amp. The actual one I ordered is a Littel fuse 35 amp 32 volt 299. That’s what is on the fuse on my unit.

Thanks all,

tG

Comment

Here is a pic of the 35 amp fuse in question.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	35ampfuse.jpg
Views:	3390
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	12224

There are actually 4 on this board , one for each jack , this is for the auto level. One is missing because i pulled to have a look. These are large fuses , not to be confused with the "standard" and "micro" that are linked above. I will do some searching to see if i can find these , would like to have some spares as well.
                I think there are similar size ones in the truck fuse box but have not checked , too cold out there.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have a 2018 Reflection 303 with the Lippert 3.0 leveling system. If you open the storage compartment (battery compartment) and look up towards the pin box, there you will find the controller for the 3.0 system. There are four fuses, one for each of the four electric jacks. This specific fuse is made as a “slow blow” due to the way the jacks draw current. I think it’s designed a tad differently from an ATC fuse for this purpose.

TG

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    Here is a pic of the 35 amp fuse in question.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	35ampfuse.jpg Views:	4 Size:	91.9 KB ID:	12224

There are actually 4 on this board , one for each jack , this is for the auto level. One is missing because i pulled to have a look. These are large fuses , not to be confused with the "standard" and "micro" that are linked above. I will do some searching to see if i can find these , would like to have some spares as well.
                    I think there are similar size ones in the truck fuse box but have not checked , too cold out there.

Brian
                    Thanks, Brian. Going through the LCI documentation I can now see them, but amazingly they are not identified by part number. I tried OEM and aftermarket versions of the manuals--no joy.

Edit: Now I see the part # for the fuse right on the LCI circuit board...
                    Last edited by howson; 02-08-2020, 05:15 PM.
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I think I finally figured it out. The fuse is a 299 type that is 35 amp. The one pictured show a 7.5 amp. The actual one I ordered is a Littel fuse 35 amp 32 volt 299. That’s what is on the fuse on my unit.

Thanks all,

tG
                      I agree. Thanks for posting what you found.

For those interested in more information, check out the specification sheet for the fuse here: https://www.littelfuse.com/~/media/a..._datasheet.pdf

Main page with general info on the fuse: https://www.littelfuse.com/products/...99/299035.aspx

Comment

I am new to the forum, so if I don't do this right, you'll know why. I ordered a 2020 240 RL, and they come with the self level system. I heard the problem with this 35amp MAX fuse and thought I should go get one, how hard is that in Mesa AZ, the RV Mecca. I never did find one after searching 7 auto stores and 5 RV shops including Camping world. Still didn't find it. I started to communicate with GD about this potential problem, and they said they would send me one, but that was Feburary 5!
                        now that I'm back in Canada, I did find one at a parts store here. If your still looking, make sure you get the 35 amp MAX fuse.

Comment

I eventually find them here at Mouser and have on hand. Hard to find if you have an issue while on a trip.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...Ka6XfxlQ%3D%3D
                          Vivian
                          2018 Reflection 303rls
                          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                          Demco Recon

Comment

I am trying to find the fuse for the controller. Does anyone know where it's located?

Comment

Originally posted by pennerkr View Post
                              I am trying to find the fuse for the controller. Does anyone know where it's located?
                              Did you see post #10? There's a picture showing the fuse on the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X