No announcement yet.

35 amp fuse for auto level jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a picture of fusing for the hydraulic motors not the controller. I'm told the controller is a 10amp inline fuse. I can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by pennerkr View Post
      That is a picture of fusing for the hydraulic motors not the controller. I'm told the controller is a 10amp inline fuse. I can't find it
      Sorry--let's try again. What Grand Design RV do you own (year and model) and what system are you referencing?

If you are confused by the confusion it's because you posted on a thread discussing the 35A fuse for the auto level jacks. If that is not what you're referencing, please start a new thread. (I see you're fairly new so please don't be offended--this situation is not unusual!)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I think the 10A fuse is one that shows OEM installed, labeled N in:
        TI - 193: Ground Control® 2.0 4 Point Wiring Diagram https://support.lci1.com/documents/t...wiring-diagram
        Gene and Kim
        2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
        2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

I'm sorry to be in the wrong page but I wanted to post a photo of the location of the fuse for the LCI Ground Controller. In my 2020 Solitude 389FL it was buried in a wiring wrapper on the lower left wiring in the front storage box.

Comment

Comment

I'm sorry to be in the wrong page but I wanted to post a photo of the location of the fuse for the LCI Ground Controller. In my 2020 Solitude 389FL it was buried in a wiring wrapper on the lower left wiring in the front storage box.
              How many amps is the fuse you found?
              Is it about the same physical size as the ones used in the inside fuse panel?
              Gene and Kim
              2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
              2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

I want to think we're mixing LCI's Ground Control TT (GCTT) with the Ground Control 3.0 (GT3) system, which is different, but as you'll read at the end this may not be the case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric Leveling 1.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	27340
                The GCTT does not have the fuse on the board in any configuration (there's a Blue, Green, Purple, and Red). Below is a typical system schematic. (Note the fuse location.) I'll also show a closeup of the board below.

Name:	Ground Control Fuse.JPG
Views:	740
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	27339

Name:	Board for TT.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	27341

The GT3 has the fuses on the board.

Name:	Electric Leveling 2.JPG
Views:	641
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	27342

What's odd is I'd expect the OP's 303RLS and @pennerkr's Solitude to both have the GT3 system, not the GTTT. So I'm still a bit confused as to the fuse everyone is looking to find.

If either of you see this post, can you take a picture of the controller (with part number) so I can see what version is in your trailer? TIA!

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

howson

I think we are mixing Ground Control 3.0 with Solitude hydraulic. pennerkr has posted a pic of the controller fuse that they were looking for and have found , albeit in a mess of wires. I believe that the Lippert hydraulic only uses the one 80 or 85 amp fuse for the hydraulic pump motor.'
                  Hopefully this un-confuses the matter ( maybe not though).

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    howson

I think we are mixing Ground Control 3.0 with Solitude hydraulic. pennerkr has posted a pic of the controller fuse that they were looking for and have found , albeit in a mess of wires. I believe that the Lippert hydraulic only uses the one 80 or 85 amp fuse for the hydraulic pump motor.'
                    Hopefully this un-confuses the matter ( maybe not though).

Brian
                    I'm still confused, Brian (what else is new). The Level Up (hydraulic) system has a circuit breaker. It's the system that had a 50A that was replaced with an 80A. That's also what the current documentation shows.

So what exactly is the 35A fuse in pennerkr 's Solitude protecting?

Name:	80A.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	27366

Comment

Howard

The one that pennerkr has photo'd is an inline fuse to protect the controller, this should not be a 35 amp fuse, 5 amp or so I would guess.

​​​​​​​Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                        Howard

The one that pennerkr has photo'd is an inline fuse to protect the controller, this should not be a 35 amp fuse, 5 amp or so I would guess.

​​​​​​​Brian
                        If you look closely at the fuse in his picture, the distinctive "arch" is a clue that it's much larger than 5A. From what I can find on Amazon, a fuse with that arch (and blue) is typically 15A.

To make this even more confusing, according to the Parts Lookup and Grand Design's website there no such thing as a "389FL" Solitude (post 19). I give up. Hopefully pennerkr stops back and clarifies what he's got and the system in question.

Comment

My apologies for the confusion. This picture is of the in-line fuse for the Controller. The original fuse was a 10 Amp. I replaced it with a 15 Amp because that is what I had on hand. My frustration is that as necessary as this is to operate the levelers it was hidden and not identified in any documentation I found. I almost cancelled a trip because I was unable to use the leveling system to unhook my trailer. I determined that the issue causing the fuse to blow was low batteries in my trailer. This was my fault and will not happen again. The whole point is that I don't want anyone to go through what I did because they couldn't locate this fuse.

Comment

My apologies for the confusion. This picture is of the in-line fuse for the Controller. The original fuse was a 10 Amp. I replaced it with a 15 Amp because that is what I had on hand. My frustration is that as necessary as this is to operate the levelers it was hidden and not identified in any documentation I found. I almost cancelled a trip because I was unable to use the leveling system to unhook my trailer. I determined that the issue causing the fuse to blow was low batteries in my trailer. This was my fault and will not happen again. The whole point is that I don't want anyone to go through what I did because they couldn't locate this fuse.
                            Great information on helping others that may need to find this fuse.
                            There are other fuses that are "hidden" , there is a fuse close to the water pump , and also I have one behind my control panel inside that is for the awning. Glad you did not miss your trip. We should also figure out why the 10 amp fuse blew in the first place. Moving to a larger fuse will help in a situation when needed but should not be the permanent fix , finding the reason for the fuse failure will need to be done.

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

pennerkr --thanks for the follow up. Can you clarify what leveling system you have in your trailer? I assume it's hydraulic? Are the slides hydraulic, too?

Country Campers -- the low battery will cause the fuse to blow as he mentioned. Lower voltage = higher amperage which turns fuse into blue smoke. I do agree that changing the fuse back to 10A needs to happen ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X