Leveler selonoid clicks but no movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveler selonoid clicks but no movement

When I try to use the manual mode no matter what I do I only get a click in the solenoid by the pump and no movement or pump turn on at all. 2018 Momentum 376th.

Originally posted by bfdoubek View Post
    When I try to use the manual mode no matter what I do I only get a click in the solenoid by the pump and no movement or pump turn on at all. 2018 Momentum 376th.
    Have you checked your battery status? Not using the lights on the panel--with a multimeter. What you want to do is measure the voltage across your battery when you try to turn the pump on.

If you are not hooked up to shore power, try doing that (with the converter on) to see if that will energize the pump.

I'm not sure if the battery disconnect switch on your unit affects the leveling pump, but check it anyway to see if it was accidentally bumped to the "off" position.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Batteries were low and I did not see a charge coming in from the cables/converter. I externally charged the batteries all night and the would not come up so I replaced them. Everything seems to work now except I still do not see a charge coming over the cables with a voltmeter. Is there a way to turn the converter on/off? I have never seen such a switch.

Comment

Batteries were low and I did not see a charge coming in from the cables/converter. I externally charged the batteries all night and the would not come up so I replaced them. Everything seems to work now except I still do not see a charge coming over the cables with a voltmeter. Is there a way to turn the converter on/off? I have never seen such a switch.
        The converter is on a breaker in your panel. You might try cycling that breaker and see if it comes back up.
        2017 310GK

Comment

Again--please be careful working around electricity! If you're not 100% sure you know what you're doing I suggest grabbing a friend who does or paying an RV technician to troubleshoot for you. Electricity can (and will) bite.

Assuming a basic knowledge of working with electricity, as JeffC stated check the breaker on the panel first. If that doesn't work there are two 35A fuses on the converter. They will only blow if the + and - are accidentally reversed on the battery, but they are worth checking. According to GD Parts Lookup website (link on menu bar above) your rig has the 55A model of the WFCO converter. Exact same one I had in mine. It literally plugs into the back of your circuit breaker panel. If you're familiar with DC voltage, checking the output is very simple--just put your multimeter across the output.

The manual for the converter is here: https://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conte...ors-Manual.pdf

Definitely (please!) let the forum know what resolves your issue.

-Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Howard
            Been around electricity a lot and RVs for 22 years. Own two at this time. I am only getting 12.4 VDC from the converter when it should be in the range of 13.2-14.4 so it appears my converter is starting to fail and cannot keep up the batteries fully.

Comment

Howard
              Been around electricity a lot and RVs for 22 years. Own two at this time. I am only getting 12.4 VDC from the converter when it should be in the range of 13.2-14.4 so it appears my converter is starting to fail and cannot keep up the batteries fully.
              I agree the converter appears to be going bad. There's a bunch of threads on this very topic (converters) going on right now. Guest started one of them. Maybe time for an upgrade to a Progressive Dynamics?

Here's the thread Jim started: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...erter-chargers

(And thanks for the follow-up.)

Comment

Working...
              X