No announcement yet.

Leveling Left to Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going on three seasons with the same battery in my LevelMatePro. It will auto shut off but I use the switch which may add to the battery longevity.

Jim

Comment

We have been camping for more than 30 years. First a 20 ft tag, 25 ft 5th wheel, 36 ft 5th wheel. Crank corner jacks are for fine tuning to minimize vehicle bounce and improve comfort. First you need to approximate level left to right by rolling onto blocks on one side. Second, level front to rear as you indicated and unhook from the tow vehicle. Third, lower the corner jacks on 2 x 6’s or so and snug them tight. Fine tune these to establish level. Bathroom door and cabinet doors should not close or open by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
        I'm going on three seasons with the same battery in my LevelMatePro. It will auto shut off but I use the switch which may add to the battery longevity.

Jim
        I have the old version with no switch. The battery is usually good for one trip. I really need to resolve this.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I have the old version with no switch. The battery is usually good for one trip. I really need to resolve this.

Jim
          I just got a 12v to 3v DC converter from Amazon. Soldered it in place of the battery per a post from howson that I can't find right now. Works great. I set it to a 10 hr timeout since I no longer have a battery. That way I don't have to keep fiddling with the switch. Power it off and on before leaving home and it's good for the day.

Terry
          Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
          2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
          2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post

I just got a 12v to 3v DC converter from Amazon. Soldered it in place of the battery per a post from howson that I can't find right now. Works great. I set it to a 10 hr timeout since I no longer have a battery. That way I don't have to keep fiddling with the switch. Power it off and on before leaving home and it's good for the day.

Terry
            But don't you lose the memory settings such as length and width or is that a function of the app and not the leveler?

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

But don't you lose the memory settings such as length and width or is that a function of the app and not the leveler?

Jim
              Not so far. I think all that is stored in the app. I have power to it all the time other than to turn it off and on to wake it up.
              Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
              2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
              2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

TucsonJim
                For the record I "stole" this idea from ncitro if my memory is correct. There have been a few threads on how individuals have soldered in wires. I made "dummy" batteries. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...v-power-source

edit: oops--confused the Mopeka with the LevelMatePro. I did solder the LevelMatePro (re-read my own post).
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

TucsonJim howson Same idea. I actually got the idea from a post I saw somewhere about the Levelmate. I just soldered wire to the battery contacts where the battery sits. My father in law has one power supply feeding both propane sensors and his LevelMate with no issue.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                  X