Front Jack will not retract - Angle Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Jack will not retract - Angle Error

I recently Rear Parked my 2018 360RL in my Driveway. Unfortunately the Trailer is long enough that the front jacks are located on the part of the Driveway that angles downward a bit. I was able to extend the front jacks and unhook the Trailer from the Truck, no problem, but now when I hook the trailer back up to the Truck I am unable to retract the front Jacks. I keep getting an error that seems to indicate the trailer angle is too extreme, even though it is fully connected to the Truck. Is there really a limit to the angle that would keep the jack from retracting? If so, is there any way override this? Unfortunately, even though the jacks raise enough to hook up to the Truck, they do not raise enough to move the Trailer.

Have you tried both manually retracting and auto retract? (retract all)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Originally posted by <HT View Post
      ... is there any way override this? Unfortunately, even though the jacks raise enough to hook up to the Truck, they do not raise enough to move the Trailer.
      Usually, switching to manual mode and extending/retracting will finally get you there. The control system is definitely temperamental. I think once I had to get my bottle jack out and lift the jack off the ground by the frame. Try that, but make sure the wheels are blocked when you do.

There is a manual operation available. Don't remember if you have to disconnect something to use it, but the top of each front jack has a hole that you can push a hex shaft into and turn -- with a drill.

-Steve

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
      Somerset, WI

Comment

I don't have a way to measure the current angle of the Trailer, but I going to assume for the moment that it does exceed -5.0 (as the error states). Is there a way to override this and retract the jacks regardless of the detected angle?

Comment

Originally posted by <HT View Post
          I don't have a way to measure the current angle of the Trailer, but I going to assume for the moment that it does exceed -5.0 (as the error states). Is there a way to override this and retract the jacks regardless of the detected angle?
          The generic manual for the Level Up system (hydraulic!) is here: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001531.pdf

There is a manual override procedure on page 8.

While not the best production, this video does show how to perform the manual retract/extend on the hydraulic system:

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat
            Here is a link to the Master Owner's Manual for Leveling and Stabilization...... https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...0001573-08.pdf

Once you click this link, scroll down to page 37 of the manual and you will see the reference to holding in the "Retract All" button until the jacks start to move.
            I'm concerned that we're all providing advice and links to different models of Lippert leveling systems. The manual linked above is NOT what I have in my 2018 Solitude 310GK.

This has to be frustrating for anyone in the middle of a problem.

-Steve
            2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
            Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
            2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
            18k B&W Companion, non-slider
            640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
            Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
            Somerset, WI

Comment

Working...
            X