Leveling off front to back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling off front to back

My auto level is off. Every time we level the system has the rv pointing down with the front down and the back up. How do I fix this?

I have read to manually level the rv then do a zero point calibration. Is that correct?
    2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD / 2020 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 295RL

Originally posted by FreddieMac View Post
    My auto level is off. Every time we level the system has the rv pointing down with the front down and the back up. How do I fix this?

I have read to manually level the rv then do a zero point calibration. Is that correct?
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum.

What year and model GDRV is having the issue?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi FreddieMac. Welcome to the forum.

In addition to Howard's question above, do you have the "One Control" leveling system or the "Ground Control"?

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We have the 2020 reflection 295rl. It has the ground control system.

Comment

We have the 2020 reflection 295rl. It has the ground control system.
          YouTube has dozens of videos that will show you step-by-step how to reset the zero (level) point of your trailer. Below is an example.

Let us know if that fixes you up. If not, explain what went wrong so we can investigate further.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I just completed the procedure. I manually leveled the coach. Checked with a carpenter’s level. Then ran the zero procedure. I assumes the next time I camp I will test it. Thanks!

Comment

I just completed the procedure. I manually leveled the coach. Checked with a carpenter’s level. Then ran the zero procedure. I assumes the next time I camp I will test it. Thanks!
              You also must start with the nose high before auto level. I am not sure why this is but the first thing the system wants to do is lower the nose to find level. If the nose is already low it will cause a fault and not auto level.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hello. I’m new to the forum and my wife and I bought our 28BH in April and love it.

The coach has the same issue. I haven’t completed the zero point calibration yet but will try soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

You also must start with the nose high before auto level. I am not sure why this is but the first thing the system wants to do is lower the nose to find level. If the nose is already low it will cause a fault and not auto level.

Brian
                  The reason is a safety feature built-in by LCI. What they don't want happening is someone starting Auto Level with the nose low, as that sets the "Return to Hitch Height" (or whatever it's called). If the "hitch height" was nose low, there's a potential to back a tow vehicle (TV) into the trailer. If the Auto Level is started nose high, the theory is with the return-to-hitch-height also set nose high there's a much less likelihood of a collision between the TV and trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by gopokes View Post
                    Hello. I’m new to the forum and my wife and I bought our 28BH in April and love it.

The coach has the same issue. I haven’t completed the zero point calibration yet but will try soon.
                    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, gopokes. Please stop back and report how it went.

Howard

Comment

Question: when I engage the return to hitch height setting, do I have have to manually pull up the back stabilizers or will the system do that automatically?

Comment

Question: when I engage the return to hitch height setting, do I have have to manually pull up the back stabilizers or will the system do that automatically?
                        There are a number of excellent demonstration videos on YouTube showing this procedure. Here's one (go to 3:06 to see the answer to your question). Spoiler: the system will do it for you.

Comment

Do not be mad if the unit does not return to hitch height. It will only return to hitch height if you start auto level with the nose high. If , when you un-hitch from truck the nose is high it should return. I have not had any luck when trying to use this , probably operator malfunction. I also purchased the remote for this system and use it more than the keypad.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

There are a number of excellent demonstration videos on YouTube showing this procedure. Here's one (go to 3:06 to see the answer to your question). Spoiler: the system will do it for you.

Thanks I have watched the video a number of times, but I tend to learn one function at a time, because I normally do not have a computer in front of me when trying level the coach. It is a process.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                              I have not had any luck when trying to use this , probably operator malfunction.
                              One of the other interesting tidbits I picked up on from the training was if the operator enters any manual mode, the hitch height return will not work. If you're tweaking the level manually, that could be the issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X