Leveling off front to back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post

One of the other interesting tidbits I picked up on from the training was if the operator enters any manual mode, the hitch height return will not work. If you're tweaking the level manually, that could be the issue?
    I did not do manual level until I went to a park. The system would not level the coach front to back. It would lift the rear beyond the stroke of the back jacks. It was obviously not level. The previous time I autoleveled at my home, we did it and the system claimed level. But when you walked from the back of the coach to the front it was like walking down hill. I assume it was my RV pad. But the park we went for the shake down cruise was very level. The autolevel could not get the coach the right level. I manually leveled the system using a carpenter's level.

When I got it home this past weekend I did a manual level, with carpenter's level, again then completed the zero calibration. I am hoping the next time we get to take it out again, in a couple of weeks, the autolevel will be fixed. We rarely say in campgrounds that are not pretty darn level. I typically try not to say in campgrounds that do not have concrete pads.
    2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD / 2020 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 295RL

Comment

Originally posted by FreddieMac View Post

I did not do manual level until I went to a park. The system would not level the coach front to back. It would lift the rear beyond the stroke of the back jacks. It was obviously not level. The previous time I autoleveled at my home, we did it and the system claimed level. But when you walked from the back of the coach to the front it was like walking down hill. I assume it was my RV pad. But the park we went for the shake down cruise was very level. The autolevel could not get the coach the right level. I manually leveled the system using a carpenter's level.

When I got it home this past weekend I did a manual level, with carpenter's level, again then completed the zero calibration. I am hoping the next time we get to take it out again, in a couple of weeks, the autolevel will be fixed. We rarely say in campgrounds that are not pretty darn level. I typically try not to say in campgrounds that do not have concrete pads.
      Sorry, FreddieMac, if my response was confusing. I was responding to Brian's comment about the "return to hitch height" function, not yours about being level. (You can tell by the "quote" above my text in post 15. That's a common way of conversing on a forum and to understand who is being addressed.)

My mistake as I should know better than to mix conversations in one thread.

Please stop back and post the results after your next trip.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

No worries, thanks for the help.

Comment

Wanted to report back that we are camping for the first time again since this problem. The manual level then zero calibration worked well. When I arrived at the campsite auto level worked as it should. Thanks for the assist!

Comment

Thanks for the follow up report FreddieMac!
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
            X