Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use JT Strong Arm stabilizer on an Imagine XLS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use JT Strong Arm stabilizer on an Imagine XLS ?

Does anybody here use the Strong Arm stabilizers on an Imagine XLS ? And does anybody have any opinions on that stabilizing system?

I noticed on the Imagine XLS that the dealer had to look at, that the stabilizer jacks were not mounted directly to the chassis frame like all my previous travel trailers. It looked like in the front they were mounted to the bottom of the A-frame which itself is welded to the bottom of the chassis frame. And then in the rear there were "extra" pieces of frame welded to the bottom of the chassis frame, and the rear stabilizers were mounted to that. I assume that was so that the stabilizer jacks in the rear were at the same level as those in the front. I hope that makes sense and I am using the correct terminology.

I have a 22MLE on order and I was thinking about ordering the JT Strong Arm kit, but I wanted to know if anybody here had any experience with it. And if they did, where on the frame are you able to mount the extending/retracting arms if you use it on an Imagine XLS.

Thanks,
    Bill M.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so maybe this will make it clearer as to what I was talking about originally.
    I assume since there were no replies to my original post that either nobody had installed JT Strong Arm on an Imagine XLS, or more likely, I didn't explain my concern clearly enough. In these pictures you can see that the front stabilizer is mounted to the bottom of the A-frame. In the rear there is a small section of I-beam welded to the bottom of the chassis frame and it carries the rear bumper and the rear stabilizer.

On my previous trailers the stabilizer jacks were on the actual chassis frame I-beam. So I was hoping somebody who has had experience with the JT Strong Arm could tell me if that system will work with stabilizer jacks that are mounted an extra 6" or so below the chassis frame like they are on an Imagine XLS.

If not then maybe I can be the first to try it out and report back to you all
    Bill M.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

Originally posted by BillM321 View Post
      They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so maybe this will make it clearer as to what I was talking about originally.
      I assume since there were no replies to my original post that either nobody had installed JT Strong Arm on an Imagine XLS, or more likely, I didn't explain my concern clearly enough. In these pictures you can see that the front stabilizer is mounted to the bottom of the A-frame. In the rear there is a small section of I-beam welded to the bottom of the chassis frame and it carries the rear bumper and the rear stabilizer.

On my previous trailers the stabilizer jacks were on the actual chassis frame I-beam. So I was hoping somebody who has had experience with the JT Strong Arm could tell me if that system will work with stabilizer jacks that are mounted an extra 6" or so below the chassis frame like they are on an Imagine XLS.

If not then maybe I can be the first to try it out and report back to you all
      I was unfamiliar with the JT Strong Arm product so did some reading. I was surprised to find it is an LCI product. What that implies to me is you'll have no issues--the frame on your Imagine is also made by LCI. Find the frame identification sticker, should near the front part of the A-frame and give LCI a call. I bet they'll say the Strong Arms will work just fine.

Please do follow-up!

Howard

P.S. LCI's product support info is here: https://support.lci1.com/jts-strong-arm
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

BillM321

Its been a while since we have had a JT Strongarm discussion. (Maybe predating this forum?). This was an often added improvement on Reflection 5th wheels before Grand Design went to the multi point automatic leveling systems. I do not recall discussion about adding these to TT scissor jacks but I see from Internet pictures that this is quite possible. As I recall, most of the concerns were with getting a correct frame end attachment. Finding a solid point that did not put major holes in a vulnerable area. There were also problems with forgetting to loosen the clamps before raising power legs (not likely a problem with manual scissor jacks). The JT Strongarms are heavy. A design like this in aluminum would be ideal.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/unive...d&gclsrc=3p.ds

I camped next to a couple with a bunk house TT that used a home made one of these. They used 3 pcs of 2 x 4 and a couple eye bolts and a ratchet strap. One placed at the rear , one on each side close to the front. The report was they worked great. A little finicky to install but may be worth it. With kids in the TT they said there was little to no movement with kids running around. This would be something more to carry but for the cost or even home made might be the ticket. I may make one of these this winter for the rear of our fifth wheel to see if it helps with the movement we feel.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
          X