No announcement yet.

Can 312bhts support ground control tt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can 312bhts support ground control tt?

We just purchased a Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS. We have electric stabilizer jacks but would like to install an auto-leveling system. Can the 312bhts frame support an auto-leveling system? And which one would you recommend?

Originally posted by McGeachy View Post
    We just purchased a Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS. We have electric stabilizer jacks but would like to install an auto-leveling system. Can the 312bhts frame support an auto-leveling system? And which one would you recommend?
    Technically...the answer is "yes", it can be installed though I've never seen it on any Reflection TT.

Why? Because what you may not quite realize yet is how challenged you'll be to keep the trailer under the GVWR. Don't know what "GVWR" means? Check out the Reference Material under the Towing and Hitching channel. Inside you'll find a series of three (so far) informative documents on all the terminology.

Once you're sure you understand, there is paperwork you received that shows the weight of the camper when it came off the factory floor. That doesn't include a battery or propane (to my knowledge). Load the camper up ready to camp, pull it across a CAT scale, and i think you'll be shocked at how heavy the camper has become in "the real world". Giving up precious cargo carrying capacity for a self-leveling system? If you do a search for my username on this forum you'll find I've modified the daylights out of my 315RLTS, but have not added a self-leveling system for that exact reason.

If something doesn't make sense or you have a question, please continue to ask. New owners is definitely one of primary reasons GD sponsors this forum!

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Look Here.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	32795
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X