Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grainger part number for hydra hose end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grainger part number for hydra hose end.

Need to re-find number for the screw together fitting for the LCI hydraulic jacks. Somebody had found the correct Grainger number and posted it, but my searches are coming up blank. I'ma gonna try one more thing tho......

Okay, the other search method found it (and in another sandbox).
    In the interest of full disclosure and maybe helping somebody here,
    This is the fitting that can be replaced in the field and reused.

https://www.grainger.com/product/2F5...161025201002:s

Last edited by ThePowells; 10-28-2020, 09:44 PM.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Hi Jerry and Kelly,
    Regarding that Grainger fitting, the description says it tightens with a wrench. Does that mean you can attach it to the hose without crimping and using a wrench somehow?
    thanks
    RobM
    2018 Solitude 310 GKR
    RobM
    2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW
    2018 Solitude 310 GK-R

Comment

I sell and assemble hydraulic hoses. That fitting will require two wrenches. The large nut goes on your hose first then the internal stem is screwed into the nut you just installed on the hose to complete the repair. Watch and make sure the stem your screwing into the large nut doesn’t catch the internal tube of the hose as you screw it in. It all makes sense when you have the fitting in your hand. Your hose will have a number on it telling you the TYPE of hose it is.. example SAE-100R7. Make sure the fitting you’re getting is for your hose, otherwise it may blow off. Hope this helps

Comment

robm
        &
        DougF

Welcome to the technical forum guys. We're glad you joined us.

Jim

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

That may not be the correct fitting. The Aeroquip hose series FC558 listed is refrigerant hose.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	35984
            Last edited by howson; 11-27-2020, 09:51 AM. Reason: Inserted photo into post in addition to the original attachment. -Howard
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

LCI uses thermoplastic hose sae 100R7. You would need a compatible reusable fitting, 1/4 hose to JIC swivel.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                LCI uses thermoplastic hose sae 100R7. You would need a compatible reusable fitting, 1/4 hose to JIC swivel.
                Thanks for the posts, Ted! I can't speak for the other moderators, but I'm almost completely ignorant on the topic of hydraulic hoses and connectors, so definitely appreciate the posts and (obvious) expertise you are willing to share with this forum.

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

FYI, the Parker part number is 20651-4-4 for 100R7 hose.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                    Need to re-find number for the screw together fitting for the LCI hydraulic jacks. Somebody had found the correct Grainger number and posted it, but my searches are coming up blank. I'ma gonna try one more thing tho......

Okay, the other search method found it (and in another sandbox).
                    In the interest of full disclosure and maybe helping somebody here,
                    This is the fitting that can be replaced in the field and reused.

https://www.grainger.com/product/2F5...161025201002:s
                    Jerry
                    I work with a lot of hydraulic hoses and fittings on my tractor and hay equipment. You will be much better off taking the hose to a hydraulic shop (with all the fittings) and having a replacement made, or a crimp on replacement fitting added to you current hose if possible. However once hydraulic fluid gets into the hose end casing at the end, it is nearly impossible to get a new fitting to hold. Replacement hoses can be made in few minutes at most shops and are not that expensive

How to find a shop - most farm (agg) equipment and construction equipment dealers will have a place, check your phone book for hydraulic hose. Just ask around locally.

Hope this helps
                    Keith
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

TedS The tech specs for the 2F513 fitting shows that it is a hydraulic fitting.. If this is not the correct fitting, can you provide the number for the correct one? I thought that I had posted this last night. I have a hose shop 7 minutes away and access to a service truck across the road, but usually you find this out when setting up or breaking camp 30 miles from nowhere at about dark on a Friday night. I have a section of the R100-7 hose, but the ends are not compatible with this system so I am going to have the the ends changed, but this hose won't reach to the left rear jack from the pump. I am looking for a temporary work around and not a permanent solution.
                      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                      Nash County, NC
                      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

ThePowells, that fitting is for hydraulic service, yes. But for 100R5 hose. See my post above for a Parker fitting for 100R7 hose.
                        ​​Parker 20651-4-4
                        Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

TedS Thank you. I didn't search that part number before I posted. I've had to build more than a few at the racetrack and a few in the field when I was driving a wrecker so building them in the field isn't a new proposition. I just prefer to have my workaround for a potential failure (bridge hose) as ready to go ahead of time, especially since I already have a section of new hose.
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                          X