Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to replace Lippert "Smart" tongue jack

2017 Imagine 2670MK
    Waiting on the official response from GD, but I assume I am out of warranty. And from other sources, it appears my Lippert "SmartJack" doesn't have parts available. It's all or nothing to replace.
    Clear membrane that protects the switches was literally torn off by wind while towing. Amazingly I found the pieces, and it's all sealed back on with clear tape. So the jack does currently operate. But I don't expect that to have a very long life.

So now beginning to shop. Any recommended replacements?

The wish list:
    Durability/weather proofness
    Cannot damage by over extending/retracting
    Faster up and down (but controllable for that last little bump to get exactly level)
    Quieter
    I liked the idea of return to a preset height, not that I could every get my current one to actually remember anything....

First two wishes are mandatory. The others..well, it's a jack. How fancy does it really need to be?

I have Stromberg Carlson 3500lb Electric A-Frame Jack on my 315RLTS. Came from GD with it. It's a jack. It works.

I did manage to break it (but then fixed it). If you're curious about the guts of the jack, check out this old thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...jack-leg-spins

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../JET-3755.html
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Another requirement for me would be to easily relocate the head a 1/4 turn so you can lower your tailgate. I did this to my current Lippert tongue jack so if I had to replace it I'd want to do it to the replacement
      Charles and Susan
      2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
      Andersen Hitch
      2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Charles - I replaced my son's tongue jack a few years ago, and rotated it 1/3 of a turn so he could open the tail gate on his Jeep Cherokee. I'll get some shots and model numbers tomorrow and share them with you.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Charles - I replaced my son's tongue jack a few years ago, and rotated it 1/3 of a turn so he could open the tail gate on his Jeep Cherokee. I'll get some shots and model numbers tomorrow and share them with you.

Jim
          On my current Jack I removed the head, tapped the 2 unused holes and rotated the head 1/4 turn. Opening the tailgate when hitched is not something I need to do very often but when I need to it sure is nice having that ability.

Charles and Susan
          2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
          Andersen Hitch
          2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Clark
            Lippert is an awesome trailer jack! The mounting holes were different than the manual crank one I had previously, so had to drill 2 new holes (the 2 rear ones as the front one I could work with) and tap threads into the holes. I also ran nuts underneath to ensure it was strong. I saw some complaints about it being slow, but it doesn’t seem slow compared to when I had to manually crank the damn thing!
            What model did you install the Lippert jack on? This info will help others.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X