Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Lonestar

I can't speak for LCI or their technicians, but I do know several of them and they would be very reluctant to do anything more than emergency repairs at a Rally. Something about not wanting to lay in wet grass while welding . . . LOL! They will do almost any modification at one of their service facilities in the Elkhart area or at the Grand Design Factory Service Center in Goshen. Working on a level dry concrete floor is going to result in a better job anyway. This work has to be scheduled ahead of time with one of these facilities and service appointments around National Rally time usually book up a year in advance. I am not sure what you had in mind as "aftermarket" improvements but they will add "similar to production" improvements such as a spacer between the frame and hangers and V-clip reinforcements in the hangers. I don't know where you are located, but there are also any number of heavy trailer fabrication/repair businesses that can do this same type of work.

Rob
    I think I'd rather have them doing it at the service facility also.

Spacers between the frame and hangers and V-clip reinforcements in the hangers is what I'd be interested in. Only reason for spacers is if I ever want to go to 16" wheels. V-clip reinforcements are my main concern.

I'm located in East Texas, and yes, I've got folks here that can do the job, probably at a less expensive price. However, as I mentioned, years ago I was told by Lippert that any frame modification not done by LCI would void frame warranty. I'm not sure if this really makes any difference or not.

Actually, about 15 years ago Lippert had a facility in our small town. Fleetwood had a large plant here, and when the plant closed LCI closed too. Would have sure been convenient.
    2020 Reflection 273MK
    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

However, as I mentioned, years ago I was told by Lippert that any frame modification not done by LCI would void frame warranty. I'm not sure if this really makes any difference or not.
      I've heard that comment before from LCI. But since the frame warranty is only one year, it isn't much of a risk.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

I think I'd rather have them doing it at the service facility also.

Spacers between the frame and hangers and V-clip reinforcements in the hangers is what I'd be interested in. Only reason for spacers is if I ever want to go to 16" wheels. V-clip reinforcements are my main concern.

I'm located in East Texas, and yes, I've got folks here that can do the job, probably at a less expensive price. However, as I mentioned, years ago I was told by Lippert that any frame modification not done by LCI would void frame warranty. I'm not sure if this really makes any difference or not.

Actually, about 15 years ago Lippert had a facility in our small town. Fleetwood had a large plant here, and when the plant closed LCI closed too. Would have sure been convenient.
        Yeah with the frame warranty being so short I would not worry about that much. If you have a local shop and trust them I am sure they can do just as good of a job if not better.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X