Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about mini touch pad controller for leveling system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mini touch pad controller for leveling system.

I just purchased a 2021 Solitude 390RK. IT has the mini touch controller in the outside storage compartment along with the touch screen in the trailer. The Solitude Manual that comes with the trailer only shows the touch pad controller with the multi function buttons and read out screen. I had this touch controller in my previous trailer and liked it better than the one I have now. Can I switch out the mini controller with the multi function one and would it work along with the inside touch screen?
    Greg and Cyndi 2021 Solitude 390RK 2018 F450 DRW

Originally posted by gregz View Post
    I just purchased a 2021 Solitude 390RK. IT has the mini touch controller in the outside storage compartment along with the touch screen in the trailer. The Solitude Manual that comes with the trailer only shows the touch pad controller with the multi function buttons and read out screen. I had this touch controller in my previous trailer and liked it better than the one I have now. Can I switch out the mini controller with the multi function one and would it work along with the inside touch screen?
    Can you post pics of the controllers on your unit?

BTW...check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I use the following remote when leveling my 2021 S-Class 2930RL. I don't have the integrated touchscreen that controls everything on the camper (ie: slides, lights, etc.) - but I do have the LC1 touchpad with the LCD display. This remote is compatible with my system and works great when trying to raise/lower the camper while hitching/unhitching - allows me to sit in the driver's seat and back up and raise or lower the pin to match the hitch. I know that there is a setting that automatically remembers hitch height, but my normal unhitching procedures usually override that since I like to extend the front landing gear first and then lift the camper and truck a little bit to make unhitching easier.

I got mine via Amazon. Etrailer also sells it.
      Level your RV faster with a Replacement Remote & Charger for Ground Control RV Leveling System from Lippert, leading manufacturer of leveling parts and accessories in RV industry.
      Last edited by openrangeowners; 01-25-2021, 12:34 PM.
      2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
      1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
      2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

First off I would like to thank you for the quick response to my question. I have my trailer in winter storage right now so it would be a bit before I can get pics. The mini touch pad is roughly 2"x2" has the up and down arrows on the left , auto level in the middle, hitch height in upper right, and retract all in the lower right. The other touch controller that I like and the one that they show in the owners manual is 3-1/2"x4-3/4" and has the multi function buttons and read out screen. As far as the touch screen inside the trailer the display screen is 2-1/2"x4-1/4". I had some issues with the touch screen when I had to manually raise the mid and rear jacks, but before I discuss the screen I want to try it again in the spring to make sure the issue wasn't me. Like I mentioned above I would like to see if I can use the multi function controller along with the touch panel inside.

Comment

Hi openrangeowners, Thank you for the info about the remote. That could be an option if the other controller is not compatible but the remote is around the same price as the controller and if the other controller will work that would be my first choice.

Comment

gregz

I think below are examples of the two types you are referencing. FYI, "OCTP" means "OneControl Touch Panel".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Options for screens.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	40891

I looked through the manuals on these units and all of the panels are CANBUS enabled. What that means is---maybe the control panel shown on the right (above) will work with the OCTP in the same CANBUS circuit. There are so many variations of controllers that a consult with LCI is required. LCI support is fantastic, so when you have access again to your trailer give them a call. All their contact info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

FYI, your Solitude has a OneControl® Level Up® Advantage Leveling Controller. Unfortunately there is very little data (not even a picture) available online for this item. https://store.lci1.com/onecontrol-le...er-807615.html

Again--LCI will be able to answer all your questions.

Please stop back and report what you find out!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks again Howard, The items on the left is what my trailer came with and the one on the right is what I would like to install. I will contact Lippert to see if it is compatible. I personally think the touch screen panel is a nice feature for controlling items inside the trailer or lights and awnings outside, but as far as the leveling jacks I prefer to be able to control everything outside where I can watch what's going on. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

Comment

Working...
              X