2018 ST344GK Interior Level Control Pad has no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 ST344GK Interior Level Control Pad has no power

Hey team, first-time post for me. My 2018 ST344GK has 2 controller pads for the jacks, one in the lower compartment and one (the more complete controller) inside the control panel cabinet. The interior control pad seems to have lost power (or will not come on at all) while the pad in the lower compartment is working fine. It even re-leveled the RV on-demand, so the system is working. I am only aware of the 10-amp fuse inside the controls area...is there another fuse I need to replace?

Originally posted by Bubba72802 View Post
    Hey team, first-time post for me. My 2018 ST344GK has 2 controller pads for the jacks, one in the lower compartment and one (the more complete controller) inside the control panel cabinet. The interior control pad seems to have lost power (or will not come on at all) while the pad in the lower compartment is working fine. It even re-leveled the RV on-demand, so the system is working. I am only aware of the 10-amp fuse inside the controls area...is there another fuse I need to replace?
    So the small one (as shown below) works but the larger one does not. (Do I show the right panels?)

Click image for larger version  Name:	panels.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	41588
    Last edited by howson; 02-02-2021, 08:06 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Bubba72802

I may have confused the travel trailer Ground Control with the 5vr Level Up. Can you post pics of the control panels, please?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Howson your pictures are correct, as well as your understanding of my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba72802 View Post
          Howson your pictures are correct, as well as your understanding of my problem.
          OK. If I seem a bit confused it's because of Lippert's naming conventions. So many things have similar names but are different applications it's mind-boggling.

I believe the overall system you have is Lippert's Level-Up With OneControl Touch Panel. It's this one per the Parts Lookup website: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/36788 LCI's support documentation (where I got the diagrams below) is here: https://support.lci1.com/towable-br-...vel-up-br-octp

Click image for larger version

Name:	LCI 6 point.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	41629

This next diagram is not your system, it's the electric jack configuration (yours is hydraulic) but the OCTP-to-panel wiring should be similar. As you can see it is nothing more than one wire harness that plugs in to the control board from the OCTP.

Name:	CANBUS.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	41630

The controller in your trailer should look like the one below. Note the "OCTP" connectors--that's where the panel that is not working should be plugged in. With all power disconnected from the trailer (including 12v), you might try reseating the panel's connector. (I don't know where the controller is located in your unit--sorry!)

Please be super careful when troubleshooting this system. If I was doing this work I'd assume the trailer would do all kinds of unanticipated movements when power is reapplied therefore I'd ensure nothing is below or connected to the trailer that might be crunched or harmed.

Please note that I have no practical experience with these hydraulic leveling units. All my knowledge comes from reading and watching maintenance videos.

Name:	controller.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	41631

Howard

Comment

Thank you Howard, this helps very much.

Comment

Working...
            X