Rear Stabilizers Pitch/Angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Stabilizers Pitch/Angle

When I run the auto-level on my 303RLS I have noticed that the rear stabilizers seem to be pitched or angled out a little? Unlike the front stabilizers which appear 90 degrees vertical. I don’t know if this is normal or if perhaps the stabilizer was just welded on at an angle by mistake? One side seems to be a little worse than the other in the attached pictures. Any thoughts on this? Should the rear stabilizers be perfectly perpendicular (90 degree angle) to the frame and drop straight down like the front ones?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0676.jpeg
Views:	420
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	41858

Name:	IMG_0675.jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	41859
    Andy
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2015 Dodge Ram 2500, V8 6.4L, Crew Cab, Laramie, w/Tow Pkg.

Andy+Mo ,
    Given your 303RLS is a '17, how long have these jacks been angled like this? I'd be looking at the mounts to ensure there's no sign of bending, or loosening. From what I understand the jacks are bolted to the frame, not welded. Pic below is from an LCI manual (ignore the green arrows).

Name:	Jack.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	41873

All the installation manual states is to mount the jack flush to the frame. I assume the frame is perpendicular to the ground, thus the jack should be straight up and down. The OEM Installation Manual is on this page: https://support.lci1.com/ground-cont...0-landing-gear Look for the manual as shown below.

Name:	manual.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	41874

I'd definitely take a closer look at the jack mounts if I was you, or if unable consider consulting an RV technician.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I don't think having an angle is correct. Check the welds of the bracket to which the jacks are bolted. Or the bracket was welded on an angle. Having to lift at an angle would put side stress on the jacks and brackets.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Also check the torque on the six bolts, three on each side of the jack. I think you have to get the correct torque, mine is 65 ftlbs, from the Lippert documents, not in the GD owners manual. The first time I checked mine it was concerning how loose the bolts where.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
        X