Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you add center jacks to a Solitude-S 2930rl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you add center jacks to a Solitude-S 2930rl?

I'm thinking of getting a Solitude 2930RL but I don't like that it only comes with 4 point leveling. Is it possible to add the 2 center jacks to make it 6 point leveling?
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Reflection 303rls
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax long bed SRW

I own a 2930RL. I do use the 8” Anderson red buckets under the jacks - it is extremely solid with the 4 jacks. My wife has done workouts in the living room and there is virtually no shaking at all. The upper deck area (bath and bedroom) are also very solid.

I don’t see a need given the thickness of the frame and 7K axles supporting a shorter camper.
    2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
    1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
    2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by openrangeowners View Post
      I own a 2930RL. I do use the 8” Anderson red buckets under the jacks - it is extremely solid with the 4 jacks. My wife has done workouts in the living room and there is virtually no shaking at all. The upper deck area (bath and bedroom) are also very solid.

I don’t see a need given the thickness of the frame and 7K axles supporting a shorter camper.
      Thanks for the reply. Do the Anderson red buckets make a big difference to stability? Have you also tried X-Chox?
      Jesse & Anita
      2021 Reflection 303rls

Comment

Jesse4

Not without changing out the control system. The controller is specific to a 4-jack system or 6-jack system. Other than that...I don't know why it wouldn't be technically possible (given there's a place to mount the extra jacks). What you have is documented here: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/43136

The different components are documented on LCI's support website in a PDF under the PRODUCT COMPONENTS tab here:https://support.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0-touch-pad

Here's a pic of the two for ease of reference:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	ccd-0002689_Page_1.jpg Views:	27 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	42693

Click image for larger version  Name:	ccd-0002689_Page_2.jpg Views:	24 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	42694

Given openrangeowners testimony, I'd give the four-jack system a trial before even contemplating a change. Of course that's an opinion, so YMMV.
        Last edited by howson; 02-13-2021, 12:07 PM. Reason: Fixed reference.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse4 View Post
          ... Have you also tried X-Chox?
          We bought a set of X-Chocks early on... put them in our storage unit the next time we went through our "launch point." For us, they made no difference at all - except reducing the balance in our bank account.

Rob

Rob & Laura
          U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
          2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
          (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
          Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

We bought a set of X-Chocks early on... put them in our storage unit the next time we went through our "launch point." For us, they made no difference at all - except reducing the balance in our bank account.

Rob

x2 on this assessment of X-Chocks. We bought a set and after trying various different adjustments . . . took them back. They may have some affect of fore/aft motion but the predominant motion felt in a trailer is side-to-side. X-Chocks do absolutely nothing for side-to-side motion (in my opinion).

(another) Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
              Hey Rob (Second Chance), You've had a Reflection 337 with 4 point electric leveling and now the 310GK with 6 point hydraulic leveling. How much of a difference did the 6 point leveling impact trailer movement compared to the 337's 4 point levelers?
              Jesse & Anita
              2021 Reflection 303rls

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse4 View Post

Hey Rob (Second Chance), You've had a Reflection 337 with 4 point electric leveling and now the 310GK with 6 point hydraulic leveling. How much of a difference did the 6 point leveling impact trailer movement compared to the 337's 4 point levelers?
                It's not quite an apples-to-apples comparison for a couple of reasons: 1) our Reflection was built just before auto-leveling became standard on the Reflection fifth wheels. That said, it had the same landing gear and struts - just minus the extra motors and control system; and 2) the Solitude, although a bit shorter, is 1,000 lbs. heavier. The Solitude is a bit more stable. I think one of the main reasons for this is that the electric landing gear and struts have some lateral play in them when extended. The hydraulic struts don't have any play. I wouldn't hazard a guess at the percent of difference made by the three factors (weight, 4 vs. 6 points, and electric vs. hydraulic struts), but I think they all play a part.

Rob
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

If you look at the photo you can see that my landing gear is not extended much - that is key for stability. I place a 16” x 16” piece of rubber stall mat under each red Anderson bucket to protect from cracking due to large rocks, etc.
                  Attached Files
                  2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
                  1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
                  2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by openrangeowners View Post
                    ... my landing gear is not extended much - that is key for stability.
                    Great point. Also true for those of us with the electric or manual stabilizers.
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                    X