Leveling Jack Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling Jack Noises

Hey all. I have a question of concern and I'm not entirely sure if it's a high-priority issue or not. Maybe y'all could help me understand it.

We've been in our 2021 Momentum 381M-R for about 2 weeks now. Every day as the sun seems to warm one side of the coach, the leveling jacks on that side seem to make "settling" noises and "bump" downward, not enough to re-autolevel, but noticeable. Could this be due to the changing temperature of the hydraulic fluid? Is it from something else?
    Please assume that if I’m asking, I’ve already searched the manual.
    2010 Ram 3500 6.7L I6 T-Diesel DRW | 2021 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M-R

LCI recommends an oil additive to solve this problem. Many have reported that this works. See this thread and the included link to these products.
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...oud-regularily

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      LCI recommends an oil additive to solve this problem. Many have reported that this works. See this thread and the included link to these products.
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...oud-regularily

Rob
      This^^. I've added the two quarts of the CAT anti-stiction fluid. We still have some popping, but we've been stationary since adding the fluid and have only run the slides and levelers in and out a few times to mix things up. I'm hoping things will improve when we start moving again this summer. On the other hand, we've gotten so used to it, we hardly notice the popping any more.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Cate&Rob Second Chance Thanks for the assist! Got it ordered and well on the way. Have a great one!
        Please assume that if I’m asking, I’ve already searched the manual.
        2010 Ram 3500 6.7L I6 T-Diesel DRW | 2021 Grand Design Momentum M-Class 381M-R

Comment

Working...
        X