Solitude Rear Landing Gear height while traveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude Rear Landing Gear height while traveling

We have had our 2020 Solitude S Class 2930rl for a year now and love it! I only have one question, what height should the back landing gear be at from the ground when traveling? I’ve not had any issues yet after putting 5K miles on it but I get a lot of people telling me my jacks are down while traveling. When I walk around the parks I check the heights of the other Solitudes and they seem to all be mounted same as mine with the bottom of the bolt flange in line with center of the axle. Anyone had any issues or has anyone raised theirs after taking delivery?
    Jeff & Loretta
    Solitude 2930RL-R
    2017 Ford F-350 CC DRW 4X4
    Curt A16 Ford OEM

On my first 5er, the rear jacks looked like they were only 6" off the ground, so I moved them up 1 hole. On the 303 the rear jacks lift til top of the foot is about even with the center of the axle. As long as the jacks are close to the axle, the required clearance is a lot less than if at the extreme rear of the unit.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Foster RV 4 2 , try searching the forum for "departure angle" . There are some good threads and diagrams that will help you determine if your stabilizers have the correct clearance.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
      X