Level Up Control Panel is Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level Up Control Panel is Dead

I've done quite a bit of searching both here and elsewhere and can't find a solution to my problem. The control panel for my Lippert Level Up Hydraulic leveling system is dead. I've pressed the power button multiple times and nothing happens. I also removed the cable form the back of the panel and found 14.4v on the red wire so I think it's getting power.

The one twist to this is I did remove the leveling sensor from the ceiling of the front compartment as part of removing the factory inverter and wiring. Power was off at the time so I'm not sure how I would have disturbed anything. I haven't looked at the control panel for a quite a while as we've been stationary since September so I don't know when it "died". I've made sure all the cable plugs are fully seated.

I did find a reference about the 10amp fuse being a potential problem but I removed and inspected that and it looks fine - plus I don't think I would have power at the control panel if the fuse was bad. I also read about unplugging the control panel for 20 minutes then plugging it back in. That didn't work either. Oh, batteries are fully charged and new (LiFePO4).

Finally, I've read that the control panel is known to fail occasionally but that seems odd and I've run out of troubleshooting ideas.

Any ideas????
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
    I've done quite a bit of searching both here and elsewhere and can't find a solution to my problem. The control panel for my Lippert Level Up Hydraulic leveling system is dead. I've pressed the power button multiple times and nothing happens. I also removed the cable form the back of the panel and found 14.4v on the red wire so I think it's getting power.

The one twist to this is I did remove the leveling sensor from the ceiling of the front compartment as part of removing the factory inverter and wiring. Power was off at the time so I'm not sure how I would have disturbed anything. I haven't looked at the control panel for a quite a while as we've been stationary since September so I don't know when it "died". I've made sure all the cable plugs are fully seated.

I did find a reference about the 10amp fuse being a potential problem but I removed and inspected that and it looks fine - plus I don't think I would have power at the control panel if the fuse was bad. I also read about unplugging the control panel for 20 minutes then plugging it back in. That didn't work either. Oh, batteries are fully charged and new (LiFePO4).

Finally, I've read that the control panel is known to fail occasionally but that seems odd and I've run out of troubleshooting ideas.

Any ideas????
    I can't remember--does your 2020 have the OCTP for the OneControl system?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

bertschb -- can you take a picture of the control board, too? There are so many dang versions...
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

bertschb

Did the + wire from the battery to the 80A self-resetting breaker somehow not get reconnected? (Same connection for 4 or 6-point systems.) Or maybe the - return?

Click image for larger version

Name:	This Wire.JPG
Views:	2676
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	47797

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          bertschb -- can you take a picture of the control board, too? There are so many dang versions...
          Hi Howard

My unit does not have the One Control system. BTW, I'm drafting an email to Lippert to see if they can offer any suggestions but they are closed so I don't know when (or if) I'll hear back from them. I did reconnect power to the 80 amp breaker.

Here is the sensor/control board:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3223.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	47799
          Brian & Kellie
          2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
          2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
          2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
          2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

It looks like LCI is using the RV convention of white for -12vDC wire. What measurement do you get from the single red wire on the six pin connector to the white wire on the nine pin connector?

Comment

It seems I forgot to include a picture of the cable that connects to the back of the control panel.

Name:	IMG_3218.jpg
Views:	1044
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	47804
              Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

It looks like LCI is using the RV convention of white for -12vDC wire. What measurement do you get from the single red wire on the six pin connector to the white wire on the nine pin connector?
                I get 14.2v to the white wire on the 9 pin connector and 14.6v to the single red wire on the six pin connector.
                Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

I get 14.2v to the white wire on the 9 pin connector and 14.6v to the single red wire on the six pin connector.
                  What was the negative (black) side of the DMM connected to?

Comment

What was the negative (black) side of the DMM connected to?
                    I used the battery negative. I just tested them again and the red wire was 14.3v and white was 13.9v. Both dropped .3v but batteries have been charging so I suspect they are leveling off in float mode. I used both the battery negative and a hole I found in the frame in the ceiling for the negative side of the DMM. Readings were the same either way.
                    Last edited by bertschb; 03-27-2021, 02:11 PM.
                    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

That may not be good, Brian. The white wire to ground should be 0.

Measure like this--bet it shows next to nothing. Should be battery voltage. Unless I have the wrong wire color. Look at the Dual Polarity Solenoid--what wire is connected to the negative side of the battery? Looks white to me in the drawing.

Name:	Measurement.JPG
Views:	1525
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	47812

This is the white wire:

Name:	This white wire.JPG
Views:	1126
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	47813

Comment

I tested the RED wire on the 9 pin connector at 13.98. The single red wire on the 6 pin connector is also now 13.98 as is the battery. The white wire on the 9 pin connector is now 13.52. When I connected the red lead on the DMM to the single red wire and black lead to white wire on the 9 pin I got something like 134mv. I could check it again but it wasn't zero or 14v.
                        Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

Success!!!!

Thank you so much Howard for your suggestions!! The key was the solenoid wiring. I tested and traced some wires to/from that location and discovered I had not yet grounded the "factory" (I've actually replaced it) negative bus bar to my Victron Lynx. Once I did that, the Level Up control panel powered right up. What a rookie mistake. There are only two wires connected to that bus bar. One was the Level Up system. I don't recall what the other one is for.

I so appreciate you taking the time to help me not only on this problem but in so many other areas. I know you have better things to do but the time you take to help others and document and share your own work is amazing.

Now I can go on my mountain bike ride without worrying that I messed up the wiring with my solar project. I'm not telling my wife about this. She still thinks I'm a genius :-(
                          Last edited by bertschb; 03-27-2021, 05:21 PM.
                          Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

I have a similar issue with no power to the level controller. The diagram shows a fuse in the system and I can't seem to locate it. My 5th wheel is a 2020 310gk. Anyone have a clue on this one?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 1grayguy View Post
                              I have a similar issue with no power to the level controller. The diagram shows a fuse in the system and I can't seem to locate it. My 5th wheel is a 2020 310gk. Anyone have a clue on this one?

Thanks
                              TucsonJim -- can you help with the fuse location?

Comment

Working...
                              X