Solitude Leveling Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude Leveling Control

My 2021 3950BH-R owners manual has a different Lippert leveling control panel and instructions (multi-function picture) listed and shown than what I have installed on the coach (basic control panel picture). Does anyone know if GD provides instructions for the basic leveling control? My trailer is on a pretty level surface and after I ran ‘Auto-Level’, I’m still unlevel and leaning down at the nose end. Looking to see if I can bump up the front landing gear a little while the four leveling jacks are still on the ground.

Attached Files
    Jeremy & Julia
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 3950BHR
    2019 Ram 6.7L 3500 CC LB
    B&W Companion 25K

Originally posted by JL428 View Post
    My 2021 3950BH-R owners manual has a different Lippert leveling control panel and instructions (multi-function picture) listed and shown than what I have installed on the coach (basic control panel picture). Does anyone know if GD provides instructions for the basic leveling control? My trailer is on a pretty level surface and after I ran ‘Auto-Level’, I’m still unlevel and leaning down at the nose end. Looking to see if I can bump up the front landing gear a little while the four leveling jacks are still on the ground.
    So it's not quite clear whether you have the A or B controller.

I have a manual for the A controller and there is a procedure where you can manually level the trailer with the controller and then via a series of keystrokes tell the controller that the trailer is level. It will then AUTO LEVEL the trailer to that level next time you hit Auto Level. AND always move your truck away from the hitch before you hit Auto Level.

Lippert Level Up System Manual.pdf
    Pat and Karen
    2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

The control on the right , which you say you have , Is that located on the front wall by the front storage door? If so I believe that you should have the One Control check for that manual or go to Lippert's site to get it. You can raise the front jacks a little when all four jacks are down but I would not go too far before raising the rear jacks. After you get the front where you want it you can then lower the rear jacks. You should also be able to reset level from the control on the front wall of the pass thru on the off door side.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by JL428 View Post
        Does anyone know if GD provides instructions for the basic leveling control?
        Lippert makes the Ground Control on your Solitude and has a lot of information on their Support website.

Go to https://support.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0

Select the version Ground Control on your trailer (either the GC3 OCTP on the left or GC3 Touch Panel on the right).

Two Options on LCI's Website

Click image for larger version

Name:	Options.JPG
Views:	1081
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	47896

Once you're on the correct version of GC3, click on the VIDEO tab. There's a lot of options, so keep on scrolling (why I am hearing the song "Keep on Swimming" in my head?) until you find the video you want.

Lots of manuals on the different tabs, too, if you prefer words over video.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

pengle

The control I have is the 3.0 One Control. Same image as what Howard posted above.
          Jeremy & Julia
          2019 Ram 6.7L 3500 CC LB
          B&W Companion 25K

Comment

Brian

Correct. The panel is located in that exact spot. However, what’s in the owner’s manual is the other image I posted. I’ll go to the site again and see if I can find the manual for my specific panel, as I may have overlooked it. I’m somewhat hesitant to bump up the land gear with the other four leveling jacks down. Also, I’m not seeing a way (at least on the panel) to raise just rear, or front, or rear/front leveling jacks separately. I am only familiar with the retract all - which would also bring up the landing gear. In my case, I did not want to bump up the landing gear and put more pressure on the rear leveling jacks and in turn run the chance of lifting weight off of the front level jacks and unbalancing the left to right. If that makes more sense?
            Jeremy & Julia
            2019 Ram 6.7L 3500 CC LB
            B&W Companion 25K

Comment

@ Howard.
              Thanks! I’ve been to the site and watched almost all of the videos. I was mainly trying to get more fidelity on whether or not I was able to do what I described in my reply to Brian.
              Jeremy & Julia
              2019 Ram 6.7L 3500 CC LB
              B&W Companion 25K

Comment

JL428 One of the things that was not quite clear to me the first time I read the instructions was to move an individual jack, you have to push 2 corresponding buttons. Once you get the unit level, you will need to reset the sensors so that they have the level reference. I suggest once you get it set, retract the jacks (do not do retract all) and run autolevel to verify it took. Nothing like being out somewhere to find out that the setup did not work.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X