Rear Jacks on 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Jacks on 303rls

If I wanted to put the rear jacks down to help stabilize my trailer while boondocking without unhooking from truck is this possible?

I would not put the rear jacks down while still attached to the truck. This changes the loadings on the jacks. Even if you put the front jacks down and then extend the rear, you are still possibly introducing a lot of stress into the jacks.

Also the truck is a pivot point at the 5th wheel.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by kalamazootx View Post
      If I wanted to put the rear jacks down to help stabilize my trailer while boondocking without unhooking from truck is this possible?
      If the trailer is level and on solid ground while still attached to the truck, I don’t see any problem with putting down the front legs and/or the rear stabilizers. We do this all the time on overnight stops while travelling.

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I agree with Rob in this should not be a problem , however please do not push the Auto Level button this might not be good for the truck or trailer.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          I agree with Rob in this should not be a problem , however please do not push the Auto Level button this might not be good for the truck or trailer.

Brian
          Agreed this is exactly what we do. Manually run the jacks down to make contact with the ground to stabilize the rig when stopping for the night at Walmart etc.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Yet another candidate for a Remove Before Flight streamer (attached to the TV's steering wheel)? Yours truly would find a way to drive away with the legs deployed...

Click image for larger version

Name:	RBF.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	49089
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Let me elaborate a touch on why I think its not ideal to use the rear legs while attached to the TV. I did have the opportunity to do this on a trip and considered it. I was worried about general stability and comfort for us inside. You would need to extend the front jacks, but since the TV is supporting part of the load on spring suspension, the jacks are not fully seated and movement may occur at the jack to ground interface. Secondly is slides. I don't think its 100% absolute chiseled in stone, but the unit should be reasonably level to before extending the slide. Again you would need the front extended b/c of the wardrobe slide.

When I did consider extending and leaving the TV attached, the unit was "level" but upon disconnecting, the tongue actually lowered a bit below hitched height. I did not realize it at the time and and this could have caused issues if autolevel was used. Again, even if I leveled the unit manually with the system, I would have been taking a lot of load off of the axles to account for the tongue needing to lower by lifting the rear of the unit with the rear jacks. They are stabilizers not lift jacks.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X