Extra support for movement in the rear of the RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra support for movement in the rear of the RV

Has anyone used this before? With our stabilizers just behind the rear wheel in the living room you can feel some good movement, just wondering if this is worth the money.
    Universal RV Stabilizer | Camping World

Might be more solid if they had a hard rod rather then a strap

2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

I have not used this but have met a couple with kids that used a home made version , a couple 2x4's , and they said it was great with the kids. Moryde has one that fits into the rear hitch receiver that does the same thing.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Ill have to check it out
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
        Has anyone used this before? With our stabilizers just behind the rear wheel in the living room you can feel some good movement, just wondering if this is worth the money.
        Universal RV Stabilizer | Camping World

Might be more solid if they had a hard rod rather then a strap
        Have not used it but have seen plenty of good reviews. I have seen on YouTube where folks have built their own as Country Campers stated.

If I had kids in the RV I would definitely spend the $60.00. You can also use one on the front as well if you want more stability.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Dennis66

Before auto levelling was added to the Reflection 303RLS, a scissor action rear stabilizer was used. Not unlike the add-on that you are considering. The early OE stabilizer is actually quite effective in reducing motion in the back of the trailer.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Stabilizer.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	51857
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Stabilizer.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	51857
            Since I swapped out the OEM feet on the PSX1 stabilizer (the unit in your pic) for the large aftermarket pads I've noticed a decrease in trailer movement. I didn't notice at first...but it dawned on me as the DW walked through the camper how stable it felt. If the OP has the PSX1 stabilizer, consider the larger pads as an option.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...l-2019-315rlts
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Since I swapped out the OEM feet on the PSX1 stabilizer (the unit in your pic) for the large aftermarket pads I've noticed a decrease in trailer movement. I didn't notice at first...but it dawned on me as the DW walked through the camper how stable it felt. If the OP has the PSX1 stabilizer, consider the larger pads as an option.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...l-2019-315rlts
              I have the steady fast system. Makes a huge difference. If you have a rear receiver hitch this one may work for you https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jac...SABEgJRcPD_BwE
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I think you are going to find once you stabilize one end, the other becomes more noticeable. https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../LC191024.html is for the front jacks, wonder if they make something similar for the rears? tart with good wheel chocks, ensure your jacks engage the ground solidly, and try hitting the auto level a second time to get that extra bit of jack load. If all of that does not help, then look at rear and king pn stabilizers as a pair to help.

I'm currently running these for chocks. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Dennis66 , yes use it and love it!! I use 12" square 2" thick plastic "tiles" under the feet for soft ground. Very sturdy and the strap is plenty of strength. We have a rear kitchen so are always moving around the rear of our heavy trailer. This stops 99% of the movement. Well worth the $50.
                  Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                  2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                  2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                  2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                  Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

I use solid rubber chocks then after I auto level I use X chocks,
                    2021 Reflection 303RLS
                    Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dave you are using the rear aluminum one I first posted?
                      2021 Reflection 303RLS
                      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Might be more solid if they had a hard rod rather then a strap[/URL]
                        As DarnDave reports from first hand experience . . . since the strap is in tension, a solid rod would not likely add any benefit.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The only thing is a lot of space I have parked in the past the rear side of the trailer may be quit a bit high off the ground so adding the rear support may not be effective, I wish it had a slide arm on each side to make the feet extend.
                          2021 Reflection 303RLS
                          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

I use solid rubber chocks then after I auto level I use X chocks,
                            X Chocks may provide some benefit in the fore-aft direction, but do nothing for the side-to-side motion which is likely what you are feeling the most. I tried X Chocks, but took them back to the store because they did nothing to reduce trailer motion (in my opinion). Others on this forum have reported the same. Another factor in trailer stability is how far any of the support legs are extended . See this discussion https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...itude-s-2930rl

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The only thing is a lot of space I have parked in the past the rear side of the trailer may be quit a bit high off the ground so adding the rear support may not be effective, I wish it had a slide arm on each side to make the feet extend.
                              ...it does. each leg adjusts independently; about four inch intervals. I think there are three heights available.
                              Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                              2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                              2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                              2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                              Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
                              X