Touch screen message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch screen message

I now see this message every time I turn the system on. I press 'ok' to clear the message. The system works fine. The message appears the next time I turn the system on.

I don't know what to make of it. Any ideas?

Compass Connect on my phone seems to work correctly.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

It's wired so that when the marker or brake lights on the trailer activate it locks the controls. They do this to prevent accidental movement of components by phone app or control module when the unit is in motion.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

I thought it meant that when you go into the screen it disables the app function, can't do both at the same time. Pick one or the other. I like the app better
      Charles and Susan
      2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
      Andersen Hitch
      2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

I think ckreef has got it.
        I am parked, not connected to my truck. I turned the leveler control on and get the lockout message. I enabled Compass Connect phone app and the leveler function in the phone app reports that another device is enabled and my phone app does not have leveler function enabled.
        I acknowledge the lockout message on the touch screen and the phone app still can not enable the leveler function.
        I turned the leveler control off. The phone app could now enable the leveler function.

As said, pick one or the other and not both.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I know on the unity box there is an input for the marker light or brake lights. once those are activated, there was something that needed to be done to release the lock.
          Joseph
          Tow
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            It's wired so that when the marker or brake lights on the trailer activate it locks the controls. They do this to prevent accidental movement of components by phone app or control module when the unit is in motion.
            Do you have a schematic or know where I can get one to check that input? I get the same 'In Motion' message everytime and am not connected to the truck.

Comment

Rotech I do not know where you can get a schematic. I know the unity board is marked decently if you find it. Are you doing anything like connect one of the adapters to turn on the brake lights of the camper when it's parked?? I know the in motion is "supposed" to be hooked to the brake lights on the board. If you run a shorting plug on the 7 way, it will activate the "in motion lock" as it applies voltage to the terminal on the board.
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Rotech I do not know where you can get a schematic. I know the unity board is marked decently if you find it. Are you doing anything like connect one of the adapters to turn on the brake lights of the camper when it's parked?? I know the in motion is "supposed" to be hooked to the brake lights on the board. If you run a shorting plug on the 7 way, it will activate the "in motion lock" as it applies voltage to the terminal on the board.

Thsnks. I’ll look closer at the board and see if I can locate that input. I don’t have anything jumpered on the trailer.

Comment

I don't think it's triggered by the brake lights or tail lights. I think those inputs are for motorhomes. I believe in the trailers it uses the motion sensor built in to the tablet. I have found rebooting the tablet (the screen) makes the system less sensitive to motion. Use a paperclip and insert it in the small hole on the face to reboot the system.
                  Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                  2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                  2020 Momentum 351M
                  2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

OffToHavasu TedS Note on the left side 3rd terminal down of the board labeled lockout. This is usually attached to the brake lights. Had it on my previous 5er also so that the slides and awning would not operate until you "unlocked" the system on the in coach (not basement) control panel.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unit-X1.5.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	66625
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

OffToHavasu TedS Note on the left side 3rd terminal down of the board labeled lockout. This is usually attached to the brake lights. Had it on my previous 5er also so that the slides and awning would not operate until you "unlocked" the system on the in coach (not basement) control panel.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Unit-X1.5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.9 KB ID:	66625
                      Momentum is a different board. Additionally, we get the lockout message when the stabilizers are almost fully extended, because the trailer rocks more and triggers the motion detection.
                      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                      2020 Momentum 351M
                      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I know this is an older thread, but my question is - What other methods have users found to unlock the Unity panel?
                        Currently, I go inside the coach and toggle one of the light switches on the control panel. It would be much simpler if we could avoid that step and proceed to level the trailer from our phone app.

Thank you,

Peter
                        2022 Reflection 337 RLS
                        2021 GMC 2500 Duramax

Comment

Sparky I've been in contact with LCI about the app and it locking you out of the lever. I need to call them and have a lengthy discussion as I have been in several instances where I have to open the basement door to bump one of the front jacks down to unhook as one of the jacks is either running slower than the other, or there is a slight hole or out of level resilient in one jack landing first which can create a twist in the frame.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                          X