No announcement yet.

Bent front jack repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brackets are 2 degrees offset per their diagrams. So even if the frame was exactly vertical, the end result would be that the jacks are 2 degrees offset. I've asked Lippert directly what the "frame" offset is at the point where they attach the bracket and they replied "3 degrees" which seems to agree with other folks online. With the end result being 4-5 degrees offset. The offset (I'm assuming to act as a stabilizer for side to side movement). I have looked at online photos and rigs in our campsite and all Momentums seems to be offset to some degree. What the "magic" offset number is what I what to know.
    2020 Momentum 397TH - 2019 Ram 3500 - ICON Golf Cart 40L - 1200 watts solar - 600 amps battery

Comment

CaptDan

I can assure you that the jack brackets are welded on by Lippert and not by Grand Design. LIppert builds the frames for Grand Design and many other manufactures and when delivered to the factories they are ready to accept axels and the entire RV structure. I have not seen at any manufacture any welding being done on a frame before assembly , except the higher end manufactures that have particular add ons. The frames are painted or powder coated from LIppert. This looks like the classic blame someone else game.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        I find it hard to believe that they would intentionally install the jacks not vertical. Any angle on the mounting of the jacks will lead to side load in the jacks. If the tops of the jacks were leaned out a touch to account for the frame twisting inward it would make more sense, but again that puts side load on the jack (NOT GOOD FOR THE INTERNALS).
        I agree. Any angle forces the pads to slide sideways about a half inch for a foot stroke. Try prying a leg a half inch; requires a lot of force. Put on snap pads that add ground grip making the pads resist sliding even more.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
        X