Lippert front electric stabilizers won’t extend - 2020 Reflection 312BHTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert front electric stabilizers won’t extend - 2020 Reflection 312BHTS

I have a 2020 Reflection 312BHTS and the Lippert front electric stabilizer legs will not extend using the switch anymore. I had to manually crack them down last trip. The rear ones work just fine. Not sure if this is a switch failure or something else. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Wes Barber
    Gardendale, AL
    2020 Reflection 312BHTS
    2017 Ford F-250 Lariat using Eaz Lift Recurve R6 #1200

wpbarber44 Welcome to the family and the forum!

I'm sorry that I won't be of much help thru a keyboard as I'm not sure how your levelers are laid out as far as fuses and breakers but I know that one's who are more experienced with your system will stop by and offer some guidance.

When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members have the best possible experience on the forum including posting tips, how to set up a signature line and searching the forums. You can find the letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

wpbarber44 Have you tested the switch? Do they retract normally? If they retract normally after manually extending do they extend the second time?

There is a thread going with the opposite in the stabilizers would not retract https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...ld-not-retract turns out there is an issue with the motor not sealing and water infiltration.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Along with Joseph's comments, it's not unusual for these switches to fail. You should be able to jumper the switch to verify if this is the issue. I've had two of those switches fail in the last seven years.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

So, it turns out that my problem was just a loose nut on the prong connection just behind the switch under the rig. Laid down to track the wires and noticed the left side was very loose so I tightened them both up and voila! Works again. Thanks for everyone’s time. Thankful is wasn’t worse than that. FYI, I also noticed that the my spray foam for the air gaps where the pipes come through the underbelly was very inadequate. I resprayed those as well to keep little critters out. Just a PSA.
          Wes Barber
          Gardendale, AL
          2020 Reflection 312BHTS
          2017 Ford F-250 Lariat using Eaz Lift Recurve R6 #1200

Comment

wpbarber44

Wes,

Glad you found the problem and it was not a large problem, thanks for reporting back.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X