Front Hydraulic Jack Leaks Down in transit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Hydraulic Jack Leaks Down in transit

Any ideas on this problem on my 2020 Solitude 310. I have ended up tying it up so I don't rip it off going down the highway.

Its solenoid valve may have debris in it allowing oil to flow. It may just need to be cycled several times to clear it.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

JACKS LOWERING DURING TRAVEL! (EMERGENCY REPAIR)

IT HAPPENED AGAIN! (RV JACK FAILURE PART 2)
      Last edited by howson; 07-23-2021, 06:56 AM. Reason: Embedded videos...
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

This problem is still persisting, now both front jacks are going down UNDER pressure. I tied them up with paracord and it snapped the cord on both sides. So now I've resorted to a chain attached to the bracket. I've cycled them numerous times, changed the fluid with no help. I am on the road and don't know when I can get help with this. Does anyone have a schematic so I know which valve controls the front jacks?

Comment

clsfly Chuck, This link https://lippert.thinkific.com/ will take you to to LCI's online training. There is a course specific to the towable jack system. Register on the site and you can take the training. They also have PDF files for all of the system parts, installation, and troubleshooting.
          Are you still working with this since July and what is Lippert Tech Support telling you?
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by clsfly View Post
            This problem is still persisting, now both front jacks are going down UNDER pressure. I tied them up with paracord and it snapped the cord on both sides. So now I've resorted to a chain attached to the bracket. I've cycled them numerous times, changed the fluid with no help. I am on the road and don't know when I can get help with this. Does anyone have a schematic so I know which valve controls the front jacks?
            This doesn't sound good, Chuck. (Call me Capt Obvious.)

Looking through LCI's website, the only schematic I can find is the Level-Up OCTP 5th Wheel Wiring Diagram (that link should download a copy, or go to the LCI page here: https://support.lci1.com/towable-br-...vel-up-br-octp and look for QR-092. I'm not sure if your '20 has the OneControl version (and an OCTP)? Either way the power side of the schematic will be similar.

From your post's description it reads like the pump is intermittently powering up and sending fluid through the extend ports uncommanded. Again, that's not good.

Jerry's ( ThePowells ) advice to call LCI is sound -- something is not right. Given the jacks are being powered down while towing, this should be addressed ASAP.

Instead of the chains, consider asking Lippert what's the best way to disable the pump until the system can be checked by a qualified technician. As you can see from the schematic, there's not much between the pump and the battery. I'm not sure if disconnecting the connectors on the controller board is the best option, removing the applicable line from the circuit breaker to the battery, or disconnecting power at the pump itself. This circuit is "only" 12vDC but has a high amperage draw compared to most systems in your trailer, so please proceed with caution if you're unsure. (Please call LCI ASAP!)

LCI's contact info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

Please post back with the resolution.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Perhaps disconnect the pump b+ from the circuit breaker as a temporary power shutoff to the pump.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
                Perhaps disconnect the pump b+ from the circuit breaker as a temporary power shutoff to the pump.
                Hi Chuck,

x2 on Ted's suggestion.
                If hydraulic pressure is being applied . . . remove the source of the this pressure while travelling. You might even install a switch to do this until the root cause of the problem is resolved.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X