Electric Stabilizers for an Imagine XLS 22MLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Stabilizers for an Imagine XLS 22MLE

Have requested that the local dealer install electric powered stabilizers on this trailer. He stated that it a problem do to the location of the dump valve location on the back of the trailer. What options are available to address this? Can an electric powered stabilizer system be installed? If not, can an automatic trailer leveling system be installed? Need some help in resolving this.....THANKS

Originally posted by Refclown View Post
    Have requested that the local dealer install electric powered stabilizers on this trailer. He stated that it a problem do to the location of the dump valve location on the back of the trailer. What options are available to address this? Can an electric powered stabilizer system be installed? If not, can an automatic trailer leveling system be installed? Need some help in resolving this.....THANKS
    I am not familiar with this TT so I searched for some pictures. I see that the manual scissor jacks are installed. Also I see why the dealer would state about the location of the dump valve , the drain pipes may interfere as well. The other issue may be getting power to these jacks, the front should be easy , the back might be a little hard. You could do like plenty of folks that I see in campgrounds, use a cordless drill or impact driver to raise and lower the jacks. The impact driver is a little noisy and a drill could be used for other things if needed.

By the way , welcome to the forum glad to have you here.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the reply.... I had the power stabilizers on my Rockwood and I love them. I know an electric drill is an option....but just don't want to haul another item with charger etc. It was so much easier to walk up and push a button at each corner to bring them down and to retract them. If the powered stabilizers aren't an option, I wonder if a powered leveling system is? This is a new trailer for 2020...small but with a great floor plan for us...the wife, myself and two dogs...

Thanks again for the reply......

Comment

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../LC298707.html

Not sure if this is what you had on the Rockwood but would be about the only option. Should be an easy install on the front but you would have to check the back to see if it would fit. These are only for stabilizing and not really meant for leveling. I am not aware of any "auto leveling" jacks for TT's but they may be out there.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/LIPPERT-COMP-...2731590&sr=8-7

Seek and ye shall find. Just did a little search and found that Lippert does make an Auto Level for a travel trailer. Pretty nice looking set up , but a little pricey , may be what you are looking for.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Refclown View Post
            Thanks for the reply.... I had the power stabilizers on my Rockwood and I love them. I know an electric drill is an option....but just don't want to haul another item with charger etc. It was so much easier to walk up and push a button at each corner to bring them down and to retract them. If the powered stabilizers aren't an option, I wonder if a powered leveling system is? This is a new trailer for 2020...small but with a great floor plan for us...the wife, myself and two dogs...

Thanks again for the reply......
            The issue with a powered leveling system is going to be weight--I think you'll be surprised at how much of your cargo carrying capacity would be consumed by such a system.

I know this is not what you want to read, but carrying a DeWalt (or similar) cordless drill is the way to go.

With apologies to my fellow moderator--I disagree with using an impact driver. Use a drill with an adjustable clutch so you don't inadvertently damage your stabilizer.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The issue with a powered leveling system is going to be weight--I think you'll be surprised at how much of your cargo carrying capacity would be consumed by such a system.

I know this is not what you want to read, but carrying a DeWalt (or similar) cordless drill is the way to go.

With apologies to my fellow moderator--I disagree with using an impact driver. Use a drill with an adjustable clutch so you don't inadvertently damage your stabilizer.
              I had a guy camped right next to me pack up his rig at 5:30 (IN THE A.M.) one morning. It was all good until he used the impact driver to bring up the stabilizers. I'm still working on the dents in the ceiling of our bedroom......

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../LC298707.html

Not sure if this is what you had on the Rockwood but would be about the only option. Should be an easy install on the front but you would have to check the back to see if it would fit. These are only for stabilizing and not really meant for leveling. I am not aware of any "auto leveling" jacks for TT's but they may be out there.

Brian
                That was similar to what I had on the Rockwood...but each side had its own motor, so each side adjusted separately..worked great on uneven ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                  https://www.amazon.com/LIPPERT-COMP-...2731590&sr=8-7

Seek and ye shall find. Just did a little search and found that Lippert does make an Auto Level for a travel trailer. Pretty nice looking set up , but a little pricey , may be what you are looking for.

Brian
                  One option I did find is..... BAL 24210 Power Pack for Scissors Jack

This might do the job as it attaches to the existing scissor jacks....

Comment

Working...
                  X