2016 Solitude jack system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Solitude jack system

I have a 2016 Solitude with the 6 point level system. My jack / level system does not work. It will not raise / lower any jacks I've used shore power, and 2 fully charged batteries. I can't raise or lower to hook up to the hitch to take it somewhere. When it's turned on, the front and right lights blink on the controller but not the back or left. I've had this happen before and they changed the level box and it worked 3 times and I'm back where I started. Any one else experienced this problem. I called several mobile rv service companies. 3 never returned my call and the one that called back said he's not experienced with the system.

Joscelyne3

JJ

You have an early model Solitude. Do you have any help to offer these folks?

Rick and Jane 415

I realize these are basic questions but just looking for some starting point.

Does the pump run when you engage the jack buttons?

Is there plenty of fluid in the pump reservoir?

Would there be any possibility that the wiring from the level box to the controller has been damaged?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hmmm, sounds like the auto-reset thermal breaker may have struck again. Lots of strings regarding this breaker with most of them recommending upgrading. Easy to check with volt meter to see if there is juice on each side, or bypass the breaker and see if this fixes the problem in the short term. Would never recommend permanently eliminating a safety device.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Actually nothing happen but a click when you hit any of the buttons. The pump reservoir if to the full line. One of the 1st thing I did was trace the wiring to check for rubs / nicks and there is no evidence of that. one time what happened was the jack would only raise and not lower. I called Lippert and they had me change the wires on the solenoid and it lower all the jacks so we could get home. I had a guy come out with a new solenoid and that wasn't the problem and he changed the level control box. It worked for a few times and then the same thing happened. I reversed the wires and lowed it and got home. changed the box again. Hitched up Saturday and pulled it out to get ready for this coming weekend, Plugged it in, checked all the slides, water, AC and was going to hitch up and put it back in the shop and when this happed. It will not operate any jacks. Just Clicks. I'm not sure where the breaker is located but I will look for it. There is a buss bar underneath a black over. Is this the breaker or does this part go bad?

Comment

Yes, the breaker is (most likely) on the buss bar under the plastic cover. The positive (red) wire from the battery will come to one side of the buss bar which will have several metal square boxes attached to the other side with positive (red) wires leading off from them to various equipment. Trace back from the hydraulic pump on top of the reservoir to determine which is the correct breaker. For temporary fix the breaker can be removed and the wire from the hydraulic pump connected directly to the buss bar.

RV supply stores and/or automotive parts stores will be the best bet for a new breaker, probably won't be able to find anything more than 50 amp. Don't worry if the mounting configuration for the new breaker doesn't match the the old, the mounting tabs can be cut off as necessary. The important part is being able to attach the breaker to the buss bar and then the wire from the hydraulic pump to the breaker.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I actually got hold of Lippert tech line and ran through a series of test and have come to the conclusion it the control module. I am doing a continuity test on the wiring harness to make sure it's not in the wiring before i buy a new controller and it goes bad again.

Comment

Working...
            X