Weird thing has been happening with front landing gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird thing has been happening with front landing gear

I have a Reflection 2021 303rls and last 3 times hooking up to my truck the landing gear stops as it touches the ball and wont go down all the way. I have the Anderson hitch assembly and never had an issue with attaching the truck and now when its close and just touches the ball it stops. I have to hit retract all to get it to go on the ball. There is nothing in the way hitch is open, I even make sure Im directly over the ball, never had to do that it always went down anywhere within the cone it would just slide in. Any ideas I asked dealer and they have no idea
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Is this when using return to hitch height function?
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

So I detach, run auto level camp then hit return to hitch height then thats when it happens. I just picked the trailer up and it was fine, if its that function that sucks
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

That function only returns to disconnected hitch height, not hitched. You would have to retract the legs to get hitched.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Thats what Im saying I go to hitch height and then lower and as soon as it touches the ball it stops, I have to use the retract all to get it to go all the way down
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

That is weird. Could it be some strange electrical thing happening on ball contact?

Do the front legs fully retract if you don't use the hitch height function when hitching?
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Dennis66 Dennis, check the rear landing gear to ensure they are free and clear of the ground during this operation. Not saying this is the issue, but I am yet to have issues with my landing gear (not using a goose ball though).

Worst case it could be a bad controller. you will need to get with the dealer and LCI to determine this.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Ill try this next trip to not use the return to hitch height and see what happens, I know when I picked up the trailer yesterday it was fine.
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
                X